What is involved in Presales
Find out what the related areas are that Presales connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Presales thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Presales journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Presales leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Presales related domains to cover and 117 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Presales, Account-based marketing, Behavioral targeting, Brand ambassador, Brand licensing, Brand management, Corporate anniversary, Corporate identity, Corporate propaganda, Digital marketing, Direct marketing, Display advertising, Drip marketing, Loyalty marketing, Market segmentation, Marketing activation, Marketing effectiveness, Marketing ethics, Marketing management, Marketing operations, Marketing research, Marketing strategy, Mobile advertising, Mobile marketing, Music on hold, Native advertising, New media, Online advertising, Out-of-home advertising, Personal selling, Point of sale, Product demonstration, Product marketing, Product placement, Promotional merchandise, Proof of concept, Sales promotion, Sex in advertising, Social marketing, Underwriting spot, Visual merchandising, Web banner, Willingness to pay, Word-of-mouth marketing:
Presales Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Presales decisions and display thorough understanding of the Presales process.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Presales in a volatile global economy?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Presales strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How will you measure your Presales effectiveness?
Account-based marketing Critical Criteria:
Derive from Account-based marketing governance and define what do we need to start doing with Account-based marketing.
– How do we Identify specific Presales investment and emerging trends?
– Are accountability and ownership for Presales clearly defined?
Behavioral targeting Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Behavioral targeting projects and give examples utilizing a core of simple Behavioral targeting skills.
– In a project to restructure Presales outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– When a Presales manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Brand ambassador Critical Criteria:
Survey Brand ambassador goals and explain and analyze the challenges of Brand ambassador.
– Is the Presales organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Have you identified your Presales key performance indicators?
– How would one define Presales leadership?
Brand licensing Critical Criteria:
Check Brand licensing governance and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Brand licensing projects.
– How can you measure Presales in a systematic way?
– How can skill-level changes improve Presales?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Confer over Brand management issues and finalize specific methods for Brand management acceptance.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Presales? There might be some that are less obvious?
– To what extent does management recognize Presales as a tool to increase the results?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Presales requirements in detail?
Corporate anniversary Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Corporate anniversary issues and get answers.
– Does Presales analysis show the relationships among important Presales factors?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Presales forward?
– Is the scope of Presales defined?
Corporate identity Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Corporate identity failures and define what do we need to start doing with Corporate identity.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Presales information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– In what ways are Presales vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How do we keep improving Presales?
Corporate propaganda Critical Criteria:
Detail Corporate propaganda strategies and research ways can we become the Corporate propaganda company that would put us out of business.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Presales processes of our organization?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Presales?
– Is Presales Required?
Digital marketing Critical Criteria:
Understand Digital marketing outcomes and differentiate in coordinating Digital marketing.
– what is the best design framework for Presales organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Presales processes?
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– What is our formula for success in Presales ?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Refer to Direct marketing planning and define what do we need to start doing with Direct marketing.
– What are the disruptive Presales technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What vendors make products that address the Presales needs?
– How do we go about Securing Presales?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Study Display advertising projects and get out your magnifying glass.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Presales process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Presales process available?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Presales?
– What are internal and external Presales relations?
Drip marketing Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Drip marketing tactics and observe effective Drip marketing.
– How important is Presales to the user organizations mission?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Loyalty marketing management and develop and take control of the Loyalty marketing initiative.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Presales strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What threat is Presales addressing?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Market segmentation strategies and research ways can we become the Market segmentation company that would put us out of business.
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Presales is underway?
– Do Presales rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How can the value of Presales be defined?
Marketing activation Critical Criteria:
Group Marketing activation results and find answers.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Presales process?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Presales ?
Marketing effectiveness Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Marketing effectiveness visions and pay attention to the small things.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Presales move?
Marketing ethics Critical Criteria:
Examine Marketing ethics visions and devote time assessing Marketing ethics and its risk.
– Among the Presales product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Marketing management Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Marketing management governance and look for lots of ideas.
– Does Presales analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Examine Marketing operations leadership and test out new things.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Presales models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Marketing research planning and finalize the present value of growth of Marketing research.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Presales products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
– What are the long-term Presales goals?
Marketing strategy Critical Criteria:
Judge Marketing strategy visions and point out improvements in Marketing strategy.
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep our products at the forefront?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep the product at the forefront?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– Is maximizing Presales protection the same as minimizing Presales loss?
– What are the parts of a marketing strategy?
– How to deal with Presales Changes?
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Graph Mobile advertising failures and ask what if.
– Will Presales have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Presales been identified and analyzed?
– Which Presales goals are the most important?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
Value Mobile marketing leadership and arbitrate Mobile marketing techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Presales services/products?
Music on hold Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Music on hold tactics and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Music on hold is getting what it needs.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Presales process?
– Why is Presales important for you now?
– What is our Presales Strategy?
Native advertising Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Native advertising adoptions and get the big picture.
– Can we do Presales without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Have all basic functions of Presales been defined?
New media Critical Criteria:
Administer New media visions and oversee implementation of New media.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Presales?
– How much does Presales help?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Online advertising goals and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Online advertising results.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Presales?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Presales project?
Out-of-home advertising Critical Criteria:
Chart Out-of-home advertising tasks and describe which business rules are needed as Out-of-home advertising interface.
– Does Presales create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Presales Management?
Personal selling Critical Criteria:
Pilot Personal selling strategies and adopt an insight outlook.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Presales? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Point of sale issues and correct better engagement with Point of sale results.
Product demonstration Critical Criteria:
Examine Product demonstration risks and research ways can we become the Product demonstration company that would put us out of business.
Product marketing Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Product marketing issues and give examples utilizing a core of simple Product marketing skills.
– What are the short and long-term Presales goals?
Product placement Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Product placement risks and find out what it really means.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Presales processes?
Promotional merchandise Critical Criteria:
Adapt Promotional merchandise strategies and oversee implementation of Promotional merchandise.
– Think about the people you identified for your Presales project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Are we Assessing Presales and Risk?
Proof of concept Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Proof of concept leadership and define Proof of concept competency-based leadership.
– Will a proof of concept support and create awareness of the power of the AWS cloud within the organization?
– What is explored during the proof of concept phase for cloud adoption?
– Which applications can I immediately move after a proof of concept?
– What should a proof of concept or pilot accomplish?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Confer re Sales promotion results and finalize the present value of growth of Sales promotion.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Presales with what users do day-to-day?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Presales project manager?
– Is Supporting Presales documentation required?
Sex in advertising Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Sex in advertising governance and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Sex in advertising decisions.
Social marketing Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Social marketing management and differentiate in coordinating Social marketing.
– Does our organization need more Presales education?
– How to Secure Presales?
Underwriting spot Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Underwriting spot strategies and describe which business rules are needed as Underwriting spot interface.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Presales?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Presales moving forward?
Visual merchandising Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Visual merchandising planning and mentor Visual merchandising customer orientation.
Web banner Critical Criteria:
Consider Web banner tactics and mentor Web banner customer orientation.
– Do we all define Presales in the same way?
Willingness to pay Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Willingness to pay planning and find answers.
– Consider your own Presales project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How will you know that the Presales project has been successful?
– What willingness to pay may be expected in the marketplace?
Word-of-mouth marketing Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Word-of-mouth marketing projects and pioneer acquisition of Word-of-mouth marketing systems.
– Think of your Presales project. what are the main functions?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Presales Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Presales External links:
Ticketmaster.com – FAQ | How do presales work?
Today’s Special Presales | HSN
Memberships & Presales | Dragoncon
Account-based marketing External links:
Account-Based Marketing – Demandbase | Expert …
Industry-Leading Account-Based Marketing Software – …
Behavioral targeting External links:
What is Behavioral Targeting? – TubeMogul
What Is Behavioral Targeting? – CBS News
What is Behavioral Targeting? – Define Behavioral Targeting
Brand ambassador External links:
CrewFire – Brand Ambassador Management Software
Brand Ambassador Platform | Engage Your Fans
Brand Ambassador, Event Staffing & Promo Model Jobs | HYPE
Brand licensing External links:
Brand Licensing | Whirlpool Corporation
The 10 Most Common Brand Licensing Mistakes
Time Inc. (UK) Ltd – Content and Brand Licensing
Brand management External links:
Atlanta, GA Marketing and Brand Management – Vehicle Media
Shaner Hotel Management | Brand Management Hotel …
IDEATION | Creative Brand Management
Corporate anniversary External links:
SCAL80 Corporate Anniversary Video – YouTube
Personalized Corporate Anniversary Gifts – Memorable …
Corporate identity External links:
Corporate Identity Program – Graphis
Corporate Identity | Dupli Online
Corporate Identity Japan – AbeBooks
Corporate propaganda External links:
Corporate propaganda news, articles and information:
ERIC – Project Learning Tree (Corporate Propaganda …
Digital marketing External links:
Detroit – Digital Marketing Conference | September 11-13, …
San Antonio Web Design & Digital Marketing | Giles-Parscale
Charlotte – Digital Marketing Conference | October 3-4, 2018
Direct marketing External links:
Fulfillment Services – Promotional Products – Direct Marketing
Direct Marketing Definition | Investopedia
Direct Marketing Firm – L & D Mail Masters
Display advertising External links:
Display Advertising — Vintage Truck magazine
CPM Banner / Display Advertising
Display Advertising with Truckstop.com
Drip marketing External links:
The Database Diva – Drip Marketing, Marketing …
drip marketing – Tenstreet
Drippitt.com – The Next Wave In Drip Marketing
Loyalty marketing External links:
COLLOQUY | Loyalty Marketing & CX
Customer Relationship & Loyalty Marketing | CCG
Clutch Loyalty Marketing | Solutions & Strategy
Market segmentation External links:
Title Layout | Market Segmentation | Marketing
Market segmentation (VHS tape, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Market segmentation (Book, 1972) [WorldCat.org]
Marketing activation External links:
Marketing Activation Manager | IllinoisJobLink.com
Marketing effectiveness External links:
Marketing Effectiveness Consultants | IllinoisJobLink.com
Marketing Effectiveness and Message Testing | Civis …
Marketing ethics External links:
Chapter 4: Marketing Ethics Flashcards | Quizlet
Define: Marketing Ethics | iContact
Marketing management External links:
MC Marketing Management – Real-World Marketing for …
The Marketing Management Group – Marketing, …
Brandmuscle – Distributed Marketing Management Made …
Marketing operations External links:
Aprimo Marketing Operations
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
Simple – Marketing Operations Platform – Get to Market Faster
Marketing research External links:
The DRG | Marketing Research and Consulting
Peters Marketing Research, Inc.
Mars Research – Marketing Research Services
Marketing strategy External links:
RedRover Sales & Marketing Strategy | RedRover Company
Every social media marketing strategy to grow your …
Mobile advertising External links:
Media Buying & Mobile Advertising New York & Miami
IQzone – Mobile Advertising Solutions
Propel Media | Video, Display and Mobile Advertising
Mobile marketing External links:
3C | Mobile Marketing Solutions & Services
IRIO | Mobile Marketing Services | Text Marketing Services
Affordable Mobile Marketing & SMS Marketing
Music on hold External links:
Music on Hold | Cox Communications
Music On Hold MP3s – Prerecorded – Flashpoint Studios
Music On Hold – FusionPBX
Native advertising External links:
Nativo: The Leading Native Advertising Platform
MGID: Native Advertising Marketplace
Native Advertising Platform | StackAdapt
New media External links:
WHAT IS NEW MEDIA?
Homepage // Centerline New Media
New Media (2010) – IMDb
Online advertising External links:
Deshmedia – Online Advertising platform
Wippl – Caribbean Online Advertising
Google PPC Online Advertising | Google AdWords – Google
Out-of-home advertising External links:
Out-of-Home Advertising Essay – 592 Words – StudyMode
What is Out-of-Home Advertising? – EMR Graphics
Personal selling External links:
personal selling chapter 3 Flashcards | Quizlet
Personal Selling HW3 – Courses Server
Personal selling (chp 9) Flashcards | Quizlet
Point of sale External links:
iPad POS by Instore, the point of sale for small business
Retail Systems Inc. Point of Sale Systems
Point of Sale Software & Solutions | NCR Counterpoint
Product demonstration External links:
TickerTech.com – Product Demonstration Site
AliMed Product Demonstration Videos
NeverWet Arrives – Hands-On Product Demonstration – YouTube
Product marketing External links:
Product Marketing Specialist | IllinoisJobLink.com
Product Marketing tips and strategies from Launch Grow Joy
Invention Companies | Product Marketing – Tristar
Product placement External links:
Product Placement Blog
Product Placement Expertise – Entertainment Marketing Group
Promotional merchandise External links:
Promotional Merchandise | Socks | Headbands | Wristbands
http://Ad · www.ePromos.com/Bulk-Business-Promo
Brand Impression – Promotional Merchandise for Brand …
Proof of concept External links:
Proof of Concept Agreement | Pentaho
Proof of Concept — Dubstep/Grimestep — Royalty Free Music
Sales promotion External links:
Sales Promotion | Marketing Teacher
Sales Promotion – Land O’Lakes
Sales Promotion Association of Baltimore
Sex in advertising External links:
Does sex in advertising actually work? – Brooks Bell
Subliminal Messages, Mind Control, Sex in Advertising, …
Social marketing External links:
2018 USF Social Marketing Conference | Clearwater, FL
Picture Marketing Photo Booths for Social Marketing
ToneDen – Automated Social Marketing and Advertising
Underwriting spot External links:
Underwriting spot – Revolvy
Underwriting spot – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
Underwriting spot – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
Visual merchandising External links:
Visual merchandising titles Jobs – Yakaz
Visual Merchandising Fashion Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Web banner External links:
Logo and web banner | womenshealth.gov
Web Banner Templates – Canva
LSBA Web Banner Website Link
Willingness to pay External links:
Willingness to Pay – UW-Extension Lakes | UWSP
Willingness To Pay (WTP) Defined
Word-of-mouth marketing External links:
5 Ways to Maximize Word-of-Mouth Marketing