What is involved in Computer science
Find out what the related areas are that Computer science connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Computer science thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Computer science journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Computer science leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Computer science related domains to cover and 154 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Computer science, Outline of physical science, Philosophy of mind, Logic in computer science, Automated planning and scheduling, Mechanical calculator, Outline of science, Algorithm design, Fire protection engineering, Information Age, Computational problem, Difference Engine, Basic research, Petri net, Discrete mathematics, Computer architecture, Planetary geology, Analysis of algorithms, Digital Revolution, Computer security compromised by hardware failure, Information theory, Image processing, Open-source software, Civil engineering, Data transmission, Mathematical and theoretical biology, Applied science, Communications of the ACM, Photo manipulation, Classical physics, Models of computation, Digital physics, Ivar Jacobson, Application security, Domain theory, Algebraic data types, Library of Congress Control Number, Computational complexity theory, Bertrand Meyer, Cryptanalysis of the Enigma, Particle physics, ACM Computing Classification System, Image compression, Numerical analysis, Computational mathematics, Networking hardware, Genetic engineering, Mathematical optimization, Environmental studies, Information revolution, Geographic information system, Multi-task learning, Mathematical analysis, Food chemistry, Continuum mechanics, Computer hardware, Information security:
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Align Computer science leadership and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Computer science projects.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Computer science strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Can we add value to the current Computer science decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Computer science strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Outline of physical science Critical Criteria:
Adapt Outline of physical science management and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Outline of physical science.
– To what extent does management recognize Computer science as a tool to increase the results?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Computer science effort?
Philosophy of mind Critical Criteria:
Coach on Philosophy of mind adoptions and get the big picture.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Computer science?
Logic in computer science Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Logic in computer science issues and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Logic in computer science is getting what it needs.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Computer science processes?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Computer science goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Think of your Computer science project. what are the main functions?
Automated planning and scheduling Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Automated planning and scheduling quality and customize techniques for implementing Automated planning and scheduling controls.
– Does Computer science systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Computer science move?
Mechanical calculator Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Mechanical calculator strategies and sort Mechanical calculator activities.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Computer science?
– Have you identified your Computer science key performance indicators?
– How do we maintain Computer sciences Integrity?
Outline of science Critical Criteria:
Grade Outline of science adoptions and know what your objective is.
– Does Computer science include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– what is the best design framework for Computer science organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Computer science?
Algorithm design Critical Criteria:
Study Algorithm design governance and interpret which customers can’t participate in Algorithm design because they lack skills.
– In what ways are Computer science vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Computer science that make it risky?
– How can skill-level changes improve Computer science?
Fire protection engineering Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Fire protection engineering governance and test out new things.
– Does Computer science analysis show the relationships among important Computer science factors?
– How can we improve Computer science?
Information Age Critical Criteria:
Categorize Information Age planning and gather practices for scaling Information Age.
– Do we monitor the Computer science decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Computer science?
– What business benefits will Computer science goals deliver if achieved?
Computational problem Critical Criteria:
Rank Computational problem governance and get the big picture.
– What are all of our Computer science domains and what do they do?
– How can the value of Computer science be defined?
– Is a Computer science Team Work effort in place?
Difference Engine Critical Criteria:
Confer re Difference Engine issues and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Difference Engine results.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Computer science does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Computer science leaders?
Basic research Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Basic research quality and create Basic research explanations for all managers.
– Which customers cant participate in our Computer science domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How will you know that the Computer science project has been successful?
Petri net Critical Criteria:
Guide Petri net tactics and look at the big picture.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Computer science leader?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Computer science project?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Computer science ?
Discrete mathematics Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Discrete mathematics tasks and document what potential Discrete mathematics megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What are the key elements of your Computer science performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Is there a Computer science Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How do we keep improving Computer science?
Computer architecture Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Computer architecture failures and point out improvements in Computer architecture.
– Is maximizing Computer science protection the same as minimizing Computer science loss?
– Does our organization need more Computer science education?
Planetary geology Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Planetary geology adoptions and spearhead techniques for implementing Planetary geology.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Computer science values?
– Are we Assessing Computer science and Risk?
Analysis of algorithms Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Analysis of algorithms adoptions and point out improvements in Analysis of algorithms.
– What will drive Computer science change?
Digital Revolution Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Digital Revolution visions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Digital Revolution.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Computer science workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Among the Computer science product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How is Business Intelligence affecting marketing decisions during the Digital Revolution?
Computer security compromised by hardware failure Critical Criteria:
Pilot Computer security compromised by hardware failure adoptions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Computer security compromised by hardware failure services.
– How will you measure your Computer science effectiveness?
– How to deal with Computer science Changes?
Information theory Critical Criteria:
Group Information theory visions and figure out ways to motivate other Information theory users.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Computer science activities?
– Are there recognized Computer science problems?
Image processing Critical Criteria:
Merge Image processing quality and correct Image processing management by competencies.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Computer science models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Do we have past Computer science Successes?
Open-source software Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Open-source software results and ask what if.
Civil engineering Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Civil engineering planning and gather practices for scaling Civil engineering.
– In the case of a Computer science project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Computer science project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Computer science project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Computer science project?
– What is Effective Computer science?
Data transmission Critical Criteria:
Value Data transmission strategies and raise human resource and employment practices for Data transmission.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Computer science into the services that we provide?
– What is our formula for success in Computer science ?
Mathematical and theoretical biology Critical Criteria:
Apply Mathematical and theoretical biology tactics and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Computer science services/products?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Computer science objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How would one define Computer science leadership?
Applied science Critical Criteria:
Scan Applied science strategies and forecast involvement of future Applied science projects in development.
– Can we do Computer science without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Who needs to know about Computer science ?
– What are current Computer science Paradigms?
Communications of the ACM Critical Criteria:
Confer over Communications of the ACM visions and create a map for yourself.
Photo manipulation Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Photo manipulation strategies and catalog Photo manipulation activities.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Computer science project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
Classical physics Critical Criteria:
Track Classical physics tactics and point out improvements in Classical physics.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Computer science processes of our organization?
Models of computation Critical Criteria:
Use past Models of computation leadership and report on the economics of relationships managing Models of computation and constraints.
– For your Computer science project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Who will provide the final approval of Computer science deliverables?
Digital physics Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Digital physics engagements and learn.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Computer science processes?
– Why should we adopt a Computer science framework?
– What about Computer science Analysis of results?
Ivar Jacobson Critical Criteria:
Study Ivar Jacobson planning and reduce Ivar Jacobson costs.
– How do we Identify specific Computer science investment and emerging trends?
Application security Critical Criteria:
Study Application security tactics and plan concise Application security education.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Computer science process?
– How do we measure improved Computer science service perception, and satisfaction?
– Who Is Responsible for Web Application Security in the Cloud?
– How do we manage Computer science Knowledge Management (KM)?
Domain theory Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Domain theory results and get out your magnifying glass.
– How likely is the current Computer science plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Who sets the Computer science standards?
Algebraic data types Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Algebraic data types management and overcome Algebraic data types skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How much does Computer science help?
Library of Congress Control Number Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Library of Congress Control Number tasks and be persistent.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Computer science information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Computer science is underway?
– What threat is Computer science addressing?
Computational complexity theory Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Computational complexity theory engagements and achieve a single Computational complexity theory view and bringing data together.
– Will Computer science have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do we Lead with Computer science in Mind?
– What is our Computer science Strategy?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Bertrand Meyer goals and define Bertrand Meyer competency-based leadership.
– Why are Computer science skills important?
Cryptanalysis of the Enigma Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Cryptanalysis of the Enigma tasks and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Cryptanalysis of the Enigma.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Computer science moving forward?
Particle physics Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Particle physics issues and devote time assessing Particle physics and its risk.
– How do we go about Comparing Computer science approaches/solutions?
ACM Computing Classification System Critical Criteria:
Focus on ACM Computing Classification System planning and improve ACM Computing Classification System service perception.
– Is Computer science Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Image compression Critical Criteria:
Pilot Image compression decisions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Image compression results.
– Do Computer science rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Numerical analysis Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Numerical analysis tactics and question.
– Do those selected for the Computer science team have a good general understanding of what Computer science is all about?
– How do we go about Securing Computer science?
Computational mathematics Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Computational mathematics management and correct Computational mathematics management by competencies.
– How important is Computer science to the user organizations mission?
Networking hardware Critical Criteria:
Chart Networking hardware tactics and create Networking hardware explanations for all managers.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Computer science, including any consulting or professional services?
Genetic engineering Critical Criteria:
Administer Genetic engineering projects and improve Genetic engineering service perception.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Computer science activities?
Mathematical optimization Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Mathematical optimization strategies and report on the economics of relationships managing Mathematical optimization and constraints.
– When a Computer science manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Environmental studies Critical Criteria:
Define Environmental studies quality and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Environmental studies.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Computer science forward?
– What are the short and long-term Computer science goals?
Information revolution Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Information revolution adoptions and sort Information revolution activities.
Geographic information system Critical Criteria:
Guard Geographic information system leadership and remodel and develop an effective Geographic information system strategy.
Multi-task learning Critical Criteria:
Adapt Multi-task learning engagements and perfect Multi-task learning conflict management.
Mathematical analysis Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Mathematical analysis quality and report on the economics of relationships managing Mathematical analysis and constraints.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Computer science. How do we gain traction?
– What are our needs in relation to Computer science skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Food chemistry Critical Criteria:
Participate in Food chemistry adoptions and describe the risks of Food chemistry sustainability.
Continuum mechanics Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Continuum mechanics issues and question.
Computer hardware Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Computer hardware quality and oversee implementation of Computer hardware.
Information security Critical Criteria:
Review Information security goals and attract Information security skills.
– Do we maintain our own threat catalogue on the corporate intranet to remind employees of the wide range of issues of concern to Information Security and the business?
– Does the ISMS policy provide a framework for setting objectives and establishes an overall sense of direction and principles for action with regard to information security?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (indication of completeness of policies, Ico )?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (degree of completeness)?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– Does your company have a current information security policy that has been approved by executive management?
– Are we requesting exemption from or modification to established information security policies or standards?
– Does your organization have a chief information security officer (CISO or equivalent title)?
– Are information security policies reviewed at least once a year and updated as needed?
– Is there a consistent and effective approach applied to the mgmt of information security events?
– Is information security ensured when using mobile computing and tele-working facilities?
– Is an organizational information security policy established?
– How to achieve a satisfied level of information security?
– Conform to the identified information security requirements?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Computer science Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Computer science External links:
Purdue University – Department of Computer Science
k12cs.org – K–12 Computer Science Framework
MyComputerCareer | Computer Science | IT Jobs | …
Philosophy of mind External links:
materialism – Dictionary of Philosophy of Mind
Philosophy of mind Flashcards | Quizlet
Third International Conference on Philosophy of Mind – …
Logic in computer science External links:
Logic in computer science – eLibrary Home
Logic in Computer Science authors/titles May 2012
Logic in Computer Science authors/titles Nov 2014 – arxiv.org
Automated planning and scheduling External links:
[PDF]Automated Planning and Scheduling for Planetary …
Mechanical calculator External links:
Curta Mechanical Calculator – System Curt Herzstark
“Hidden Figures” Friden STW 10 Mechanical Calculator …
Outline of science External links:
The Outline of Science Vol. 3 – Internet Archive
The Outline of Science, Vol. 2 – Internet Archive
The Outline of Science (Audio Book) Biology – YouTube
Algorithm design External links:
Algorithm Design by Jon Kleinberg
Algorithm design (Book, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
Fire protection engineering External links:
7 – Fire Protection Engineering – GSA
Fire Protection Engineering Magazine – SFPE
Canada Fire Protection Engineering Services – JENSEN HUGHES
Information Age External links:
The information age (DVD video, 2007) [WorldCat.org]
Information Age Magazine
About Information Age
Computational problem External links:
Discover How to Solve Your Computational Problem
Difference Engine External links:
The Babbage Difference Engine No. 2 | Computer History …
Lego Difference Engine – Gizmodo
Difference Engine | calculating machine | Britannica.com
Basic research External links:
Civil War Records: Basic Research Sources | National Archives
Petri net External links:
Colored Petri Net – How is Colored Petri Net abbreviated?
What is a Petri Net? | Phrase Definitions – Quora
[PDF]A Brief Study on Stochastic Petri Net – UIC Computer …
Discrete mathematics External links:
WebAssign – Essentials of Discrete Mathematics 3rd edition
MATH 1030Q – Elementary Discrete Mathematics – Math …
Computer architecture External links:
Computer architecture | Engineering | Fandom powered by …
CSCE 350: Computer Architecture and Design
computer architecture – What does x86 mean? – Stack Overflow
Planetary geology External links:
Planetary Geology, Geophysics, and Geochemistry …
[PDF]Planetary Geology and Exploration University of Texas …
Planetary Geology – UW-Green Bay
Analysis of algorithms External links:
[PDF]Design & Analysis of Algorithms (Questions 5 – 8)
Analysis of Algorithms Flashcards | Quizlet
What is amortized analysis of algorithms? – Stack Overflow
Digital Revolution External links:
Nomad MBA – MBA experience designed for the Digital Revolution
Information theory External links:
Information theory (Book, 1971) [WorldCat.org]
information theory | mathematics | Britannica.com
Information Theory Essays – ManyEssays.com
Image processing External links:
Skycatch: Drone Image Processing Platform
Image Processing – OpenProcessing
Project titles on Image Processing – VTUFORUM
Open-source software External links:
What is open-source software – Answers.com
Civil engineering External links:
What is Civil Engineering? | Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering | College of Engineering
Data transmission External links:
Data transmission (Book, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
Home – Data Transmission Radio
Mathematical and theoretical biology External links:
European Conference on Mathematical and Theoretical Biology
Applied science External links:
Siena Heights Bachelor of Applied Science – Adrian
Applied Science Reports – PSCIPUB
http://www.pscipub.com/Journals/Default.aspx?Title=Applied Science Reports
Applied science. Technology (eBook, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Communications of the ACM External links:
Communications of the ACM – Official Site
[PDF]COMMUNICATIONS OF THE ACM
Communications of the ACM – November 2017
Photo manipulation External links:
Photo manipulation is a relatively new phenomenon, …
GIMP Tutorial: Girl on Fire Photo Manipulation – YouTube
Classical physics External links:
Classical Physics authors/titles Mar 2015 (20 skipped)
Classical physics of matter (Book, 2000) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Classical Physics I
Models of computation External links:
15-1 | Models Of Computation | Applied Mathematics
Models of Computation: Exploring the Power of Computing
Models of Computation – Google Sites
Digital physics External links:
Digital Physics Argument for God’s Existence – YouTube
Finitism Forever | a digital physics view of existence
Digital Physics – Home | Facebook
Ivar Jacobson External links:
Ivar Jacobson International
Ivar Jacobson Intl. (@IvarJacobsonInt) | Twitter
Ivar Jacobson International – Home | Facebook
Application security External links:
What is application security? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Application Security News, Tutorials & Tools – DZone
Program Rules – Application Security – Google
Domain theory External links:
Domain Theory – Institute for Rock Magnetism
Algebraic data types External links:
Haskell’s algebraic data types – Stack Overflow
GitHub – sviperll/adt4j: adt4j – Algebraic Data Types for Java
The Algebra of Algebraic Data Types – YouTube
Library of Congress Control Number External links:
What is an LCCN (Library of Congress Control Number)?
Library of Congress Control Number – iUniverse
What is an LCCN (Library of Congress Control Number)?
Computational complexity theory External links:
Computational complexity theory (eBook, 2004) …
Computational Complexity Theory – Springer
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
Bertrand Meyer (@Bertrand_Meyer) | Twitter
Bertrand Meyer – Official Site
Cryptanalysis of the Enigma External links:
Cryptanalysis of the Enigma – YouTube
Cryptanalysis of the Enigma | Cipher | Security Engineering
Particle physics External links:
Particle physics (eBook, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Evolution of Particle Physics – ScienceDirect
[0810.3328] A Simple Introduction to Particle Physics – arXiv
ACM Computing Classification System External links:
The 2012 ACM Computing Classification System — …
ACM Computing Classification System ToC
Image compression External links:
Imagify – Online and CMS Image Compression Made Easy
[PDF]Image compression through wavelet transform …
Image Compression I.ppt | Data Compression | File Format
Numerical analysis External links:
Numerical Analysis – wps.aw.com
Computational mathematics External links:
Applied and Computational Mathematics and Statistics
Computational mathematics (Book, 1984) [WorldCat.org]
Journal of Computational Mathematics on JSTOR
Networking hardware External links:
Summit Information Resources – Networking Hardware …
Meraki Networking Hardware -Take Your Network By The …
Genetic engineering External links:
Genetic Engineering – MSPCA-Angell
Mathematical optimization External links:
Title: Mathematical optimization for packing problems – …
Mathematical Optimization – Linear Programming in …
Environmental studies External links:
Zhu Lab @ UCSC – Quantitative Environmental Studies
http://Environmental Studies is a multidisciplinary academic field – which systematically studies human interaction with the environment in the interests of solving complex problems. Environmental Studies brings together the principles of Sciences, Commerce/ Economics and Social Sciences so as to solve contemporary environmental problems.
Environmental Studies & Historic Preservation
Information revolution External links:
Information Revolution Timeline by Nick Stoffel on Prezi
Information Revolution – Everything2.com
Free information revolution Essays and Papers – 123HelpMe
Geographic information system External links:
COT – Geographic Information System (GIS)
DHEC: Geographic Information System (GIS) Applications
PolicyMap – GIS Mapping and Geographic Information System …
Mathematical analysis External links:
Mathematical Analysis (Honors) – Unit 4: Polynomial …
From solid mechanics to mathematical analysis.
Food chemistry External links:
IB Food Chemistry Flashcards | Quizlet
Food Chemistry – Colorado State University
[PDF]JFS C: Food Chemistry and Toxicology
Continuum mechanics External links:
Continuum Mechanics – Notes
Computer hardware External links:
What Is Computer Hardware – Study.com
Computer Hardware Flashcards | Quizlet
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight
Information security External links:
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 – NIST
Title & Settlement Information Security