What is involved in Business activity monitoring
Find out what the related areas are that Business activity monitoring connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business activity monitoring thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business activity monitoring journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business activity monitoring leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business activity monitoring related domains to cover and 114 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business activity monitoring, Business decision, Business intelligence, Business process, Business process management, Business service management, Buzzword, Complex event processing, Computer system, Dashboard, Event correlation, Gartner, Issue tracking system, Key performance indicator, Operational Intelligence, Problem solving, Software:
Business activity monitoring Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Business activity monitoring governance and point out improvements in Business activity monitoring.
– What are the key elements of your Business activity monitoring performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Think about the functions involved in your Business activity monitoring project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Are accountability and ownership for Business activity monitoring clearly defined?
Business decision Critical Criteria:
Apply Business decision outcomes and probe Business decision strategic alliances.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Business activity monitoring?
– Is Business activity monitoring dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Are there Business activity monitoring problems defined?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Business intelligence failures and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Self-service analysis is meaningless unless users can trust that the data comes from an approved source and is up to date. Does your BI solution create a strong partnership with IT to ensure that data, whether from extracts or live connections, is 100-percent accurate?
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– Does your software facilitate the setting of thresholds and provide alerts to users?
– Does your BI solution allow analytical insights to happen anywhere and everywhere?
– What are typical responsibilities of someone in the role of Business Analyst?
– What are some common criticisms of Sharepoint as a knowledge sharing tool?
– What information needs of managers are satisfied by the new BI system?
– Describe the process of data transformation required by your system?
– Can your bi solution quickly locate dashboard on your mobile device?
– How do we use AI algorithms in practical applications?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
– What level of training would you recommend?
– How is business intelligence disseminated?
– Make or buy BI Business Intelligence?
– Do you offer formal user training?
– What is your annual maintenance?
– Business Intelligence Tools?
Business process Critical Criteria:
See the value of Business process strategies and oversee Business process management by competencies.
– To what extent will this product open up for subsequent add-on products, e.g. business process outsourcing services built on top of a program-as-a-service offering?
– What are the disruptive Business activity monitoring technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Business activity monitoring objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– If we process purchase orders; what is the desired business process around supporting purchase orders?
– To satisfy customers and stakeholders, which internal business process must we excel in?
– How do clients contact client services with any questions about business processes?
– What are the relationships with other business processes and are these necessary?
– Will existing staff require re-training, for example, to learn new business processes?
– What would Eligible entity be asked to do to facilitate your normal business process?
– How do we improve business processes and how do we deliver on that?
– What core business processes drive our industry and channel today?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– How will you measure your Business activity monitoring effectiveness?
– How does the solution handle core business processes?
– What/how are business processes defined?
Business process management Critical Criteria:
Audit Business process management tactics and track iterative Business process management results.
– Which customers cant participate in our Business activity monitoring domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Business activity monitoring agendas for the next 3 years?
– Why is Business activity monitoring important for you now?
Business service management Critical Criteria:
Reason over Business service management failures and pioneer acquisition of Business service management systems.
– How will you know that the Business activity monitoring project has been successful?
– Is Supporting Business activity monitoring documentation required?
– What are current Business activity monitoring Paradigms?
Buzzword Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Buzzword decisions and look in other fields.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Business activity monitoring? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– So, is DevOps a flash in the pan, an industry buzzword, or a new approach that will be cool for a couple of years and then superceded by the next big thing?
– How do we manage Business activity monitoring Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Have all basic functions of Business activity monitoring been defined?
Complex event processing Critical Criteria:
Look at Complex event processing decisions and create a map for yourself.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Business activity monitoring does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Does Business activity monitoring analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Computer system Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Computer system goals and find out.
– During the last 3 years, have you experienced a disruption to your computer system that lasted longer than 4 hours for any reason (other than planned downtime)?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Business activity monitoring moving forward?
Dashboard Critical Criteria:
Grasp Dashboard outcomes and triple focus on important concepts of Dashboard relationship management.
– Forget right-click and control+z. mobile interactions are fundamentally different from those on a desktop. does your mobile solution allow you to interact with desktop-authored dashboards using touchscreen gestures like taps, flicks, and pinches?
– Does your BI solution honor distinctions with dashboards that automatically authenticate and provide the appropriate level of detail based on a users privileges to the data source?
– Does your bi solution have dashboards that automatically authenticate and provide the appropriate level of detail based on a users privileges to the data source?
– Does your mobile solution allow you to interact with desktop-authored dashboards using touchscreen gestures like taps, flicks, and pinches?
– Metrics generation opportunities can this field or table create useful metrics or appear on a dca dashboard?
– Does your bi solution require weeks of training before new users can analyze data and publish dashboards?
– Does creating or modifying reports or dashboards require a reporting team?
– Reveal insight to compliance status through dashboards and reports?
– What social media dashboards are available and how do they compare?
– How can data extraction from dashboards be automated?
– Using dashboard functions?
Event correlation Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Event correlation governance and question.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Business activity monitoring been identified and analyzed?
– Who needs to know about Business activity monitoring ?
Gartner Critical Criteria:
Grade Gartner tasks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Gartner results.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Business activity monitoring project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are internal and external Business activity monitoring relations?
Issue tracking system Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Issue tracking system tasks and look in other fields.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Business activity monitoring process?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Business activity monitoring study?
– How do we maintain Business activity monitorings Integrity?
Key performance indicator Critical Criteria:
Guard Key performance indicator goals and document what potential Key performance indicator megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Choosing good key performance indicators (KPI Key Performance Indicators) did we start from the question How do you measure a companys success?
– What is the difference between Key Performance Indicators KPI and Critical Success Factors CSF in a Business Strategic decision?
– Kpi key performance indicators opportunities. are there opportunities to use the field/table to measure performance?
– Have you identified your Business activity monitoring key performance indicators?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
– How can the value of Business activity monitoring be defined?
– How would one define Business activity monitoring leadership?
Operational Intelligence Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Operational Intelligence results and arbitrate Operational Intelligence techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Business activity monitoring information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– In a project to restructure Business activity monitoring outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How is the value delivered by Business activity monitoring being measured?
Problem solving Critical Criteria:
Categorize Problem solving engagements and oversee implementation of Problem solving.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Business activity monitoring strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Key problem solving knowledge resides with the knowledge workers, and not the manager. So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– What are specific Business activity monitoring Rules to follow?
Software Critical Criteria:
Participate in Software visions and finalize specific methods for Software acceptance.
– What are the potential areas of conflict that can arise between organizations IT and marketing functions around the deployment and use of business intelligence and data analytics software services and what is the best way to resolve them?
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– Does the software allow users to bring in data from outside the company on-the-flylike demographics and market research to augment corporate data?
– When youre thinking about all the different ways a product may be used in the future, do you stop at three, five, or 10 years in the future?
– Can your software connect to all forms of data, from text and excel files to cloud and enterprise-grade databases, with a few clicks?
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– Is Service Delivery (hardware/software/people) capable of supporting requirements?
– Can software really help us generate successful new product ideas?
– What are the effects software updates have on later data access?
– What technologies are available to support system development?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
– Would you consider any non software-as-a-service options?
– Is your BI software easy to understand?
– Is the software system effective?
– What is Scale and Why Manage It?
– What is the client software?
– What makes agile better?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business activity monitoring Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business activity monitoring External links:
KnowledgeSync – The Leader in Business Activity Monitoring
KnowledgeSync – The Leader in Business Activity Monitoring
Business Activity Monitoring in Depth for Developers
Business decision External links:
Business decision making (Book, 1981) [WorldCat.org]
Microeconomics: Factors Of Business Decision-Making
Business Decision Making Essay – 2636 Words – StudyMode
Business intelligence External links:
Mortgage Business Intelligence Software :: Motivity Solutions
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
Business process External links:
What is business process? – Definition from WhatIs.com
20 Best Title:(business Process Manager) jobs (Hiring …
20 Best Title:(business Process Manager) jobs (Hiring …
Business process management External links:
Workflow Software, Business Process Management …
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Business Process Management Training | …
Business service management External links:
Login – HP Business Service Management
Buzzword External links:
Marketing Buzzword Predictions for 2017 – Knoxville, TN
Bees becoming buzzword in Raleigh planning :: WRAL.com
Buzzword | Definition of Buzzword by Merriam-Webster
Complex event processing External links:
SAP HANA Tech: Complex Event Processing – SAP …
Computer system External links:
Network & Computer System Administrator AAS
Dashboard External links:
TQL | Carrier Dashboard
Candidate Dashboard Log In – TSA
Meraki Dashboard Login
Event correlation External links:
Event correlation in Application Insights – Andrei Dzimchuk
Gartner External links:
Working at Gartner
Gartner Studios – Official Site
Issue tracking system External links:
System Dashboard – Kapsch Software Issue Tracking System
issue tracking system – Wiktionary
Log in – MicroPact Issue Tracking System
Key performance indicator External links:
Understanding Key Performance Indicators or KPI
18 Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Examples Defined
KPI: What Is a Key Performance Indicator? – Mashable
Operational Intelligence External links:
Operational Intelligence Software Solutions | VizExplorer
Operational Intelligence and Visualization
Problem solving External links:
SAT Math Problem Solving : Practice tests and explanations
Art of Problem Solving – Official Site
Wheely – Problem Solving Adventure for Kids – ABCya.com
Software External links:
Insite Software | Built for B2B™
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight
InSite SiteWork Excavation Software Overview