What is involved in ActiveX
Find out what the related areas are that ActiveX connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a ActiveX thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its ActiveX journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward ActiveX leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which ActiveX related domains to cover and 131 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
ActiveX, Windows CardSpace, Windows Forms, Active Setup, Inter-process communication, Web application, Universal Disk Format, Comparison of application servers, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Hearts, Kernel Patch Protection, Image Mastering API, Document Object Model, Windows Easy Transfer, Windows Ink, EFx Factory, HTML Components, Network Access Protection, DirectX plugin, Logical Disk Manager, Windows Deployment Services, Microsoft Mahjong, Smart tag, Data Execution Prevention, Snipping Tool, System Information, HTML5 Audio, Managed DirectX, Server-sent events, Web IDL, Microsoft Foundation Class Library, Service Control Manager, Collaboration Data Objects, Windows Aero, Microsoft Solitaire, MSN Food & Drink, Input method, Distributed File System, Internet Explorer 11, Mod jk, Alarms & Clock, Active Template Library, Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator, Internet Explorer for Mac, Telephony Application Programming Interface, Microsoft Personal Web Server, Windows Color System, Full Tilt! Pinball, Cross-origin resource sharing, Web resource, Remote Differential Compression, Microsoft Transaction Server, Web Proxy Autodiscovery Protocol, Security Support Provider Interface, Universal Windows Platform, Microsoft Messaging Passing Interface, Web SQL Database:
ActiveX Critical Criteria:
Illustrate ActiveX tasks and correct better engagement with ActiveX results.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a ActiveX study?
– What vendors make products that address the ActiveX needs?
– How to deal with ActiveX Changes?
Windows CardSpace Critical Criteria:
Drive Windows CardSpace risks and transcribe Windows CardSpace as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What potential environmental factors impact the ActiveX effort?
– What is our ActiveX Strategy?
Windows Forms Critical Criteria:
Chart Windows Forms tactics and catalog Windows Forms activities.
– How do we know that any ActiveX analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Have all basic functions of ActiveX been defined?
– How can you measure ActiveX in a systematic way?
Active Setup Critical Criteria:
Probe Active Setup engagements and remodel and develop an effective Active Setup strategy.
– How do your measurements capture actionable ActiveX information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this ActiveX process?
– Will ActiveX deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Inter-process communication Critical Criteria:
Group Inter-process communication risks and get answers.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these ActiveX processes?
Web application Critical Criteria:
Talk about Web application adoptions and proactively manage Web application risks.
– I keep a record of names; surnames and emails of individuals in a web application. Do these data come under the competence of GDPR? And do both the operator of the web application and I need to treat them that way?
– Are my web application portfolios and databases ready to migrate to the Windows Azure platform?
– What are our needs in relation to ActiveX skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Have the types of risks that may impact ActiveX been identified and analyzed?
– Who Is Responsible for Web Application Security in the Cloud?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in ActiveX?
– How do you approach building a large web application?
– How does IT exploit a Web Application?
Universal Disk Format Critical Criteria:
Frame Universal Disk Format decisions and improve Universal Disk Format service perception.
– What are current ActiveX Paradigms?
– Do we have past ActiveX Successes?
– How to Secure ActiveX?
Comparison of application servers Critical Criteria:
Map Comparison of application servers management and ask questions.
– How do we ensure that implementations of ActiveX products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Who will provide the final approval of ActiveX deliverables?
– What are specific ActiveX Rules to follow?
Microsoft Edge Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Microsoft Edge issues and oversee Microsoft Edge management by competencies.
– In a project to restructure ActiveX outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving ActiveX forward?
– Are there ActiveX Models?
Microsoft Hearts Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Microsoft Hearts leadership and look at it backwards.
– What are the key elements of your ActiveX performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How will you measure your ActiveX effectiveness?
Kernel Patch Protection Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Kernel Patch Protection tasks and create a map for yourself.
– Do the ActiveX decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of ActiveX that make it risky?
Image Mastering API Critical Criteria:
Grasp Image Mastering API leadership and arbitrate Image Mastering API techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are the disruptive ActiveX technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a ActiveX project?
– Have you identified your ActiveX key performance indicators?
Document Object Model Critical Criteria:
Explore Document Object Model outcomes and triple focus on important concepts of Document Object Model relationship management.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective ActiveX leader?
– In what ways are ActiveX vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of ActiveX moving forward?
Windows Easy Transfer Critical Criteria:
Categorize Windows Easy Transfer engagements and find the ideas you already have.
– How can you negotiate ActiveX successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How can skill-level changes improve ActiveX?
Windows Ink Critical Criteria:
Infer Windows Ink strategies and acquire concise Windows Ink education.
– What are all of our ActiveX domains and what do they do?
– Is the scope of ActiveX defined?
– What is Effective ActiveX?
EFx Factory Critical Criteria:
Consolidate EFx Factory management and look at it backwards.
– When a ActiveX manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing ActiveX?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the ActiveX requirements in detail?
HTML Components Critical Criteria:
Derive from HTML Components management and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling HTML Components projects.
– What are our best practices for minimizing ActiveX project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the ActiveX project lifecycle?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed ActiveX opportunities costing us money?
– Is ActiveX dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Network Access Protection Critical Criteria:
Design Network Access Protection issues and innovate what needs to be done with Network Access Protection.
– Think about the people you identified for your ActiveX project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as ActiveX leaders?
DirectX plugin Critical Criteria:
Shape DirectX plugin decisions and achieve a single DirectX plugin view and bringing data together.
– For your ActiveX project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How important is ActiveX to the user organizations mission?
Logical Disk Manager Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Logical Disk Manager engagements and define what do we need to start doing with Logical Disk Manager.
– Are we Assessing ActiveX and Risk?
– Why are ActiveX skills important?
Windows Deployment Services Critical Criteria:
Recall Windows Deployment Services planning and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if ActiveX does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once ActiveX is underway?
– How do we Lead with ActiveX in Mind?
Microsoft Mahjong Critical Criteria:
Nurse Microsoft Mahjong adoptions and describe which business rules are needed as Microsoft Mahjong interface.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of ActiveX product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are the Key enablers to make this ActiveX move?
Smart tag Critical Criteria:
Understand Smart tag decisions and define what our big hairy audacious Smart tag goal is.
– What are the business goals ActiveX is aiming to achieve?
– Who needs to know about ActiveX ?
Data Execution Prevention Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Data Execution Prevention leadership and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– In the case of a ActiveX project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a ActiveX project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any ActiveX project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
Snipping Tool Critical Criteria:
Check Snipping Tool quality and oversee implementation of Snipping Tool.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of ActiveX?
System Information Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap System Information management and spearhead techniques for implementing System Information.
– Consider your own ActiveX project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good ActiveX project manager?
HTML5 Audio Critical Criteria:
Set goals for HTML5 Audio visions and optimize HTML5 Audio leadership as a key to advancement.
– Are accountability and ownership for ActiveX clearly defined?
Managed DirectX Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Managed DirectX visions and assess what counts with Managed DirectX that we are not counting.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether ActiveX goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Server-sent events Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Server-sent events engagements and find answers.
– How do mission and objectives affect the ActiveX processes of our organization?
Web IDL Critical Criteria:
Depict Web IDL projects and spearhead techniques for implementing Web IDL.
– To what extent does management recognize ActiveX as a tool to increase the results?
Microsoft Foundation Class Library Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Microsoft Foundation Class Library quality and define Microsoft Foundation Class Library competency-based leadership.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of ActiveX activities?
Service Control Manager Critical Criteria:
Probe Service Control Manager failures and pioneer acquisition of Service Control Manager systems.
– What is the total cost related to deploying ActiveX, including any consulting or professional services?
Collaboration Data Objects Critical Criteria:
Focus on Collaboration Data Objects strategies and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Collaboration Data Objects.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with ActiveX ?
– How do we measure improved ActiveX service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic ActiveX objectives?
Windows Aero Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Windows Aero failures and create a map for yourself.
– Is ActiveX Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are the barriers to increased ActiveX production?
– Are assumptions made in ActiveX stated explicitly?
Microsoft Solitaire Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Microsoft Solitaire failures and work towards be a leading Microsoft Solitaire expert.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate ActiveX delivery for example is new software needed?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to ActiveX?
MSN Food & Drink Critical Criteria:
Guard MSN Food & Drink goals and document what potential MSN Food & Drink megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a ActiveX process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the ActiveX process available?
Input method Critical Criteria:
Grasp Input method quality and ask questions.
– What are the usability implications of ActiveX actions?
Distributed File System Critical Criteria:
Graph Distributed File System risks and get answers.
– What are our ActiveX Processes?
Internet Explorer 11 Critical Criteria:
Consult on Internet Explorer 11 issues and look at the big picture.
– Think about the functions involved in your ActiveX project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How is the value delivered by ActiveX being measured?
Mod jk Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Mod jk issues and perfect Mod jk conflict management.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your ActiveX activities?
– Which ActiveX goals are the most important?
Alarms & Clock Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Alarms & Clock strategies and maintain Alarms & Clock for success.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect ActiveX workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Why should we adopt a ActiveX framework?
Active Template Library Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Active Template Library tactics and look in other fields.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting ActiveX with what users do day-to-day?
– How likely is the current ActiveX plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator Critical Criteria:
Nurse Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator risks and prioritize challenges of Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator.
– Does ActiveX analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the short and long-term ActiveX goals?
Internet Explorer for Mac Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Internet Explorer for Mac engagements and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Internet Explorer for Mac.
– What management system can we use to leverage the ActiveX experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Telephony Application Programming Interface Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Telephony Application Programming Interface tactics and probe Telephony Application Programming Interface strategic alliances.
– What business benefits will ActiveX goals deliver if achieved?
Microsoft Personal Web Server Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Microsoft Personal Web Server projects and slay a dragon.
– Which customers cant participate in our ActiveX domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Is there any existing ActiveX governance structure?
Windows Color System Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Windows Color System management and secure Windows Color System creativity.
– Do we monitor the ActiveX decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom ActiveX project?
Full Tilt! Pinball Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Full Tilt! Pinball outcomes and balance specific methods for improving Full Tilt! Pinball results.
– Among the ActiveX product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations ActiveX values?
Cross-origin resource sharing Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Cross-origin resource sharing projects and customize techniques for implementing Cross-origin resource sharing controls.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new ActiveX in a volatile global economy?
– Does ActiveX systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Web resource Critical Criteria:
Generalize Web resource outcomes and describe the risks of Web resource sustainability.
– How will you know that the ActiveX project has been successful?
Remote Differential Compression Critical Criteria:
Focus on Remote Differential Compression planning and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Does our organization need more ActiveX education?
Microsoft Transaction Server Critical Criteria:
Examine Microsoft Transaction Server engagements and integrate design thinking in Microsoft Transaction Server innovation.
Web Proxy Autodiscovery Protocol Critical Criteria:
Grade Web Proxy Autodiscovery Protocol engagements and define what our big hairy audacious Web Proxy Autodiscovery Protocol goal is.
– How do we Improve ActiveX service perception, and satisfaction?
Security Support Provider Interface Critical Criteria:
Steer Security Support Provider Interface projects and get going.
– What is the source of the strategies for ActiveX strengthening and reform?
Universal Windows Platform Critical Criteria:
Study Universal Windows Platform failures and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our ActiveX agendas for the next 3 years?
Microsoft Messaging Passing Interface Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Microsoft Messaging Passing Interface visions and devote time assessing Microsoft Messaging Passing Interface and its risk.
Web SQL Database Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Web SQL Database engagements and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Web SQL Database projects.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the ActiveX process?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the ActiveX Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
ActiveX External links:
Shockwave ActiveX Installation Page – Adobe Systems
MS13-090: Cumulative security update for ActiveX Kill …
ActiveX Control Setup | AdvancedMD Support
Windows CardSpace External links:
How to Use Windows CardSpace with Internet Explorer 7.0
Start/Stop Windows CardSpace service in Windows 7 …
Windows Forms External links:
How to programmatically add controls to Windows forms …
Active Setup External links:
Active Setup | Symantec Connect
Description of the Active Setup Log.txt File
Active Setup – msdn.microsoft.com
Inter-process communication External links:
Inter-process Communication – Mill Computing, Inc
Inter-process communication with MATLAB – MathWorks
Web application External links:
Live Nation – ABIMM WEB Application
InspectAll: Web Application
Universal Disk Format External links:
Universal Disk Format – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Universal Disk Format&item_type=topic
Universal Disk Format
http://Universal Disk Format (UDF) is a profile of the specification known as ISO/IEC 13346 and ECMA-167 and is an open vendor-neutral file system for computer data storage for a broad range of media. In practice, it has been most widely used for DVDs and newer optical disc formats, supplanting ISO 9660.
Universal Disk Format – Just Solve the File Format Problem
Comparison of application servers External links:
Comparison of application servers – WOW.com
Microsoft Edge External links:
Edge AdBlock, Adblock Plus, ABP for Microsoft Edge …
Microsoft Edge Developer website – Microsoft Edge …
Microsoft Edge help
Microsoft Hearts External links:
Microsoft Hearts – Free Download Microsoft Hearts …
Microsoft Hearts – Revolvy
Microsoft hearts Free Download – BrotherSoft
Kernel Patch Protection External links:
Rust HOW TO: Fix Kernel Patch Protection. CHECK …
Image Mastering API External links:
Download Image mastering api v2 0 files – TraDownload
Download Microsoft image mastering api v2 files – …
Image Mastering Api V2.0 Windows Xp Download – My Full …
Document Object Model External links:
Untitled | J Query | Document Object Model
The HTML DOM (Document Object Model) – Prezi
Windows Ink External links:
7 pen-friendly apps for Windows Ink – CNET
Bamboo Ink: smart stylus optimized for Windows Ink
HTML Components External links:
Using HTML Components to Implement DHTML …
The Road To Reusable HTML Components – Smashing Magazine
Customizable Search HTML Components – Answers – …
Network Access Protection External links:
Network Access Protection
How to Enable the Network Access Protection Client Agent
DirectX plugin External links:
Directx Plugins – FREE download Directx Plugins
DirectX plugin – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
DirectX plugin – Revolvy
Logical Disk Manager External links:
Solutions for: Logical Disk Manager – faultwire.com
Logical Disk Manager Not Starting – Windows 2000/NT
Windows Deployment Services External links:
Windows Deployment Services Getting Started Guide
Windows Deployment Services (WDS) support for UEFI
Windows Deployment Services Flashcards | Quizlet
Microsoft Mahjong External links:
Microsoft Mahjong for Windows 10 (Windows) – Download
Get Microsoft Mahjong – Microsoft Store
Smart tag External links:
How to Use Smart Tags in WPForms
Data Execution Prevention External links:
Enable or Disable Data Execution Prevention in Windows …
Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs.
Enable, Disable Data Execution Prevention DEP in Windows
Snipping Tool External links:
Snipping Tool – CNET Download.com
Use snipping tool to capture screenshots – Windows Help
PDF Snipping Tool – Authorsoft
System Information External links:
Online No Tax Due System Information – Missouri
DHS SYSTEM INFORMATION
PTC System Information | Federal Railroad Administration
HTML5 Audio External links:
Examples – HTML5 Audio Player for Your Website
HTML5 Audio player with playlist – Script Tutorials
http://www.script-tutorials.com › HTML/CSS
Amazing Audio Player | HTML5 Audio Player for Your …
Managed DirectX External links:
How can I use WPF’s D3DImage with managed DirectX or …
Server-sent events External links:
HTML5 Server-Sent Events – W3Schools
Microsoft Foundation Class Library External links:
Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC)
Service Control Manager External links:
Event ID 7026 — Basic Service Control Manager Operations
Service Control Manager – technet.microsoft.com
Service Control Manager Jobs – October 2017 | Indeed.co.uk
Collaboration Data Objects External links:
Collaboration Data Objects Roadmap – msdn.microsoft.com
Collaboration Data Objects: Using E-Mail in Your Application
Windows Aero External links:
You may experience issues with the Windows Aero …
How do I disable Windows Aero? – Computer Hope
Download windows aero – Softonic
Microsoft Solitaire External links:
Microsoft Solitaire Collection – MSN Games – Free Online …
Microsoft Solitaire Collection – Home | Facebook
MSN Food & Drink External links:
Buy MSN Food & Drink – Microsoft Store
Recipes, Tips, Restaurants, Chefs & News – MSN Food & Drink
All about the MSN Food & Drink app – support.microsoft.com
Input method External links:
Online Pinyin Input Method 網上拼音輸入法
Online Cantonese Input Method 網上廣東話輸入法
Chinese Input Method Editor – (IME) – Free Online Tools
Distributed File System External links:
Distributed File System
An introduction to the Hadoop Distributed File System
Step-by-Step Guide to Distributed File System (Dfs)
Internet Explorer 11 External links:
How to Import Bookmarks in Internet Explorer 11 – TekRevue
Change your home page for Internet Explorer 11
I cannot install Internet Explorer 11 – [Solved] – Windows 7
Mod jk External links:
Mod Proxy AJP Versus Mod JK – Round 1 – Contegix
Active Template Library External links:
Active template library | Open Library
INFO: Active Template Library (ATL) Frequently Asked Questions
Active Template Library (ATL) Concepts – msdn.microsoft.com
Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator External links:
Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator Service Startup
Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC…
Internet Explorer for Mac External links:
Internet Explorer for Mac – Download
Microsoft Personal Web Server External links:
How to Install Microsoft Personal Web Server
Microsoft Personal Web Server – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Microsoft Personal Web Server
Installing Microsoft Personal Web Server
Windows Color System External links:
Start/Stop Windows Color System service in Windows 7 …
Windows Color System | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com
Full Tilt! Pinball External links:
RGB Classic Games – Full Tilt! Pinball
Full Tilt! Pinball – GameSpot
Full Tilt! Pinball Demo – Internet Archive
Cross-origin resource sharing External links:
Support of CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) in …
enable cross-origin resource sharing
Web resource External links:
[PDF]Clostridium difficile Web Resource Manual – IN.gov
MyFM Web Resources Portal
WorldConnX – Web Resources
Remote Differential Compression External links:
Remote Differential Compression Overview
Microsoft Transaction Server External links:
Introducing Microsoft Transaction Server
Web Proxy Autodiscovery Protocol External links:
The Web Proxy Autodiscovery Protocol | Linux Journal
Security Support Provider Interface External links:
The Security Support Provider Interface – msdn.microsoft.com
Security Support Provider Interface Architecture
Universal Windows Platform External links:
Migrate apps to the Universal Windows Platform (UWP)
Need to Know: Universal Windows Platform – Thurrott.com
Design Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps – UWP …
Web SQL Database External links:
HTML5 – Web SQL Database – tutorialspoint.com
HTML 5 Web SQL Database – C# Corner