What is involved in Agile Testing
Find out what the related areas are that Agile Testing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Agile Testing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Agile Testing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Agile Testing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Agile Testing related domains to cover and 261 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Agile Testing, Software development process, Agile software development, Software development methodology, User experience, Enterprise architecture, ISO 9001, Capability Maturity Model Integration, Test-driven development, Extreme programming practices, Systems engineering, Structured analysis, Danese Cooper, Dynamic systems development method, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7, Systems modeling, Computer engineering, View model, Extreme programming, Computer science, Continuous Delivery, Executable UML, Software development, UML tools, Data model, Object-oriented programming, Software deployment, Functional specification, Software documentation, Software design, Software architecture, Bertrand Meyer, Service-oriented architecture, Computer programming, Continuous Integration, Software maintenance, Specification by example, Niklaus Wirth, Formal methods, Software quality, Watts Humphrey, Software testing, Software archaeology, Data modeling, Acceptance test–driven development, Object model, Information model, Edsger W. Dijkstra, Test management tool, Feature-driven development, Requirements analysis, Aspect-oriented software development, Peri Tarr, Software quality assurance, Software engineering, Systems development life cycle, Software configuration management, Entity–relationship model, IEEE Standards Association, Graphical user interface builder, ISO/IEC 15504, Infrastructure as Code, Spiral model, Software project management, Software construction, Software verification and validation, Ivar Jacobson, Risk management:
Agile Testing Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Agile Testing management and remodel and develop an effective Agile Testing strategy.
– How do we know that any Agile Testing analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What is our Agile Testing Strategy?
– How much does Agile Testing help?
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Mix Software development process visions and test out new things.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Agile Testing models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Agile Testing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What vendors make products that address the Agile Testing needs?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Agile software development goals and achieve a single Agile software development view and bringing data together.
– When you are identifying the potential technical strategy(s) you have several process factors that you should address. As with initial scoping how much detail you go into when documenting the architecture, the views that you create, and your approach to modeling are important considerations. Furthermore, will you be considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– The sprint backlog is the list of work the team must address during the next sprint. The list is derived by selecting stories/features from the top of the product backlog until the team feels they have enough work to fill the sprint. Is this done by the team asking, Can we also do this?
– Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– How do you take an approach like CMM that is heavily about management control and measurement and make it light on its feet?
– Can you afford to lock your business into a rigid long-term project where the cost of change grows exponentially?
– How could agile approach be utilized in other parts and functions of an organization, for instance in marketing?
– Is our organization clear about the relationship between agile software development and DevOps?
– Will the organizational culture support new values of the agile team?
– How could principles be more precisely measured or valued?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– How can a conceptual agile framework be developed?
– What challenges do teams face when scaling agile?
– How do Web Operators communicate with Developers?
– Will the team be populated by stakeholders?
– What type of system is being developed?
– Detaching: when does it break down?
– Heritage of traditional methods?
– How much modeling to do?
– Have we Adopted Agile?
– What is ASD to us?
Software development methodology Critical Criteria:
Guard Software development methodology goals and mentor Software development methodology customer orientation.
– What are our metrics to use to measure the performance of a team using agile software development methodology?
– Does the Agile Testing task fit the clients priorities?
– Why is Agile Testing important for you now?
– How do we keep improving Agile Testing?
User experience Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about User experience projects and point out User experience tensions in leadership.
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– How can I avoid duplication of identity, attributes, and credentials and provide a single sign-on user experience for my users?
– What is the difference between information architecture and user experience design?
– What are the potential impacts to user experience by using a cloud-based service?
– How likely is the current Agile Testing plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Agile Testing opportunities costing us money?
– What are the problems when integrating Agile Development and User Experience?
– Agile-User Experience Design: With or Without a Usability Expert in the Team?
– What is the difference between customer experience and user experience?
– What are the best-practices for creating a good User Experience?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Agile Testing move?
– What does User Experience do?
– What is User Experience?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Enterprise architecture results and figure out ways to motivate other Enterprise architecture users.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Agile Testing processes?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Have you identified your Agile Testing key performance indicators?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
ISO 9001 Critical Criteria:
Read up on ISO 9001 issues and oversee ISO 9001 management by competencies.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Agile Testing project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Does a supplier having an ISO 9001 or AS9100 certification automatically satisfy this requirement?
– Do Agile Testing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What are specific Agile Testing Rules to follow?
Capability Maturity Model Integration Critical Criteria:
Steer Capability Maturity Model Integration outcomes and point out improvements in Capability Maturity Model Integration.
– What business benefits will Agile Testing goals deliver if achieved?
– Are assumptions made in Agile Testing stated explicitly?
Test-driven development Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Test-driven development visions and question.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Agile Testing. How do we gain traction?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Agile Testing into the services that we provide?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Agile Testing project?
Extreme programming practices Critical Criteria:
Examine Extreme programming practices management and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Extreme programming practices results.
– What are current Agile Testing Paradigms?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Systems engineering planning and get answers.
– If you had to recreate the system at a certain state in its life cycle or duplicate the deployed system in the test lab to check out a fault, would you have all of the configuration data and documentation version information you would need to do so?
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– What constraints apply, either in the nature and scope of our design effort (time, cost, funding, and other resources) or in the nature (size, cost, weight, etc.) of our solution?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– How will we know when our design effort has produced a solution which will satisfy the objectives within the constraints?
– Is sufficient schedule time allocated to allow for dependencies on commercial off-the-shelf cots product deliveries?
– What will take the place of magnitude in our attempts to discern a power-law relationship?
– Does the deployment schedule call for installations at a typically rainy time of year?
– What is the purpose of Agile Testing in relation to the mission?
– What is the geographic and physical extent of the system?
– Does the requirement have a verification method assigned?
– Who are the stakeholders involved with the system?
– Who will use the systems engineering plan (sep)?
– What are the interfaces for a given part?
– Where would we like to be in the future?
– What priorities are appropriate?
– Why model-based architectures?
– Right requirements?
– What is a system?
Structured analysis Critical Criteria:
Use past Structured analysis engagements and look at the big picture.
– Among the Agile Testing product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we Improve Agile Testing service perception, and satisfaction?
Danese Cooper Critical Criteria:
X-ray Danese Cooper issues and catalog Danese Cooper activities.
– Is the Agile Testing organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– When a Agile Testing manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are we Assessing Agile Testing and Risk?
Dynamic systems development method Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Dynamic systems development method issues and explore and align the progress in Dynamic systems development method.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Agile Testing product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– In what ways are Agile Testing vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Will Agile Testing deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 Critical Criteria:
Boost ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 visions and correct better engagement with ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 results.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Agile Testing processes?
– Which customers cant participate in our Agile Testing domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Do we all define Agile Testing in the same way?
Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Focus on Systems modeling failures and raise human resource and employment practices for Systems modeling.
– What are all of our Agile Testing domains and what do they do?
– How is the value delivered by Agile Testing being measured?
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Computer engineering adoptions and prioritize challenges of Computer engineering.
– In a project to restructure Agile Testing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Agile Testing Management?
View model Critical Criteria:
Consider View model tasks and display thorough understanding of the View model process.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Agile Testing that make it risky?
– What are the long-term Agile Testing goals?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Apply Extreme programming risks and tour deciding if Extreme programming progress is made.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Agile Testing objectives?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
– How to Secure Agile Testing?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Consider Computer science strategies and tour deciding if Computer science progress is made.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Agile Testing activities?
Continuous Delivery Critical Criteria:
Steer Continuous Delivery issues and spearhead techniques for implementing Continuous Delivery.
– A competitive edge, excellent. Focus on continuous delivery. Move on to continuous deployment because that is going to provide your business value. But look at your individual business. Look at your environment and say is that what gives us the competitive edge?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Agile Testing?
– Does your organization run a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process?
– Does your organization hope to achieve continuous delivery?
– What will drive Agile Testing change?
– Is the scope of Agile Testing defined?
Executable UML Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Executable UML quality and test out new things.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Agile Testing does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Does Agile Testing appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Software development Critical Criteria:
Adapt Software development management and work towards be a leading Software development expert.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– Many teams will find that informal modeling sessions around whiteboards will be sufficient, although sometimes more formal modeling sessions, such as Joint Application Design (JAD) strategies or stakeholder interviews will work best. How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– How could agile approach be taken into consideration when recruiting personnel and allocating people into projects?
– Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– What scaling factors should we consider when tailoring our approach?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– Is open source software development essentially an agile method?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– How do you best coordinate Agile and non-Agile teams?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– What have you completed since yesterday?
– Are Agile teams collocated?
UML tools Critical Criteria:
Read up on UML tools engagements and reduce UML tools costs.
– How can you negotiate Agile Testing successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do we Lead with Agile Testing in Mind?
– How can we improve Agile Testing?
Data model Critical Criteria:
Own Data model leadership and customize techniques for implementing Data model controls.
– For your Agile Testing project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the data model, data definitions, structure, and hosting options of purchased applications (COTS)?
– What is the physical data model definition (derived from logical data models) used to design the database?
– Physical data model available?
– Logical data model available?
Object-oriented programming Critical Criteria:
Confer over Object-oriented programming decisions and look for lots of ideas.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Agile Testing process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Agile Testing process available?
– What threat is Agile Testing addressing?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Shape Software deployment outcomes and be persistent.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Agile Testing strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Agile Testing agendas for the next 3 years?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Agile Testing?
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Guard Functional specification leadership and improve Functional specification service perception.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Agile Testing process?
– How important is Agile Testing to the user organizations mission?
– Who sets the Agile Testing standards?
Software documentation Critical Criteria:
Discuss Software documentation adoptions and devise Software documentation key steps.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Agile Testing is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Software design Critical Criteria:
Explore Software design decisions and create Software design explanations for all managers.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Agile Testing values?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Agile Testing project?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Apply Software architecture quality and describe the risks of Software architecture sustainability.
– Is a Agile Testing Team Work effort in place?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Shape Bertrand Meyer risks and get out your magnifying glass.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Agile Testing requirements in detail?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
See the value of Service-oriented architecture issues and create a map for yourself.
– How can you measure Agile Testing in a systematic way?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Computer programming tactics and get out your magnifying glass.
– In the case of a Agile Testing project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Agile Testing project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Agile Testing project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What is our formula for success in Agile Testing ?
Continuous Integration Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Continuous Integration management and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Continuous Integration results.
– Do those selected for the Agile Testing team have a good general understanding of what Agile Testing is all about?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Agile Testing been identified and analyzed?
– Will we use Continuous Integration?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Software maintenance results and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Software maintenance projects.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– Is Agile Testing Required?
Specification by example Critical Criteria:
Investigate Specification by example strategies and find out what it really means.
Niklaus Wirth Critical Criteria:
Analyze Niklaus Wirth planning and customize techniques for implementing Niklaus Wirth controls.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Agile Testing forward?
Formal methods Critical Criteria:
Gauge Formal methods strategies and report on the economics of relationships managing Formal methods and constraints.
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Confer over Software quality issues and innovate what needs to be done with Software quality.
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Agile Testing process?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Agile Testing effort?
Watts Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Understand Watts Humphrey adoptions and develop and take control of the Watts Humphrey initiative.
– Can we do Agile Testing without complex (expensive) analysis?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Software testing projects and prioritize challenges of Software testing.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Agile Testing process?
– How can skill-level changes improve Agile Testing?
Software archaeology Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Software archaeology governance and display thorough understanding of the Software archaeology process.
– Will Agile Testing have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Value Data modeling projects and get answers.
– How do we measure improved Agile Testing service perception, and satisfaction?
– Does our organization need more Agile Testing education?
Acceptance test–driven development Critical Criteria:
Examine Acceptance test–driven development goals and ask questions.
– How will you measure your Agile Testing effectiveness?
– Are there recognized Agile Testing problems?
Object model Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Object model projects and find out.
– What are the disruptive Agile Testing technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Information model Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Information model adoptions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Information model.
– Does Agile Testing include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Has the semantic relationship between information elements been identified based on the information models and classification schemes?
– Does Agile Testing analysis show the relationships among important Agile Testing factors?
– Is Supporting Agile Testing documentation required?
Edsger W. Dijkstra Critical Criteria:
See the value of Edsger W. Dijkstra leadership and handle a jump-start course to Edsger W. Dijkstra.
Test management tool Critical Criteria:
Guide Test management tool goals and pioneer acquisition of Test management tool systems.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Agile Testing strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Does Agile Testing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Agile Testing study?
Feature-driven development Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Feature-driven development tasks and know what your objective is.
– Do the Agile Testing decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What is Effective Agile Testing?
Requirements analysis Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Requirements analysis quality and point out Requirements analysis tensions in leadership.
– What are the short and long-term Agile Testing goals?
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Aspect-oriented software development risks and maintain Aspect-oriented software development for success.
– What are our needs in relation to Agile Testing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How would one define Agile Testing leadership?
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Grasp Peri Tarr projects and get answers.
– Do we monitor the Agile Testing decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Define Software quality assurance planning and proactively manage Software quality assurance risks.
– Who needs to know about Agile Testing ?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Explore Software engineering issues and observe effective Software engineering.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Systems development life cycle Critical Criteria:
Adapt Systems development life cycle strategies and probe Systems development life cycle strategic alliances.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Agile Testing project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Agile Testing project lifecycle?
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Categorize Software configuration management quality and do something to it.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Agile Testing objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
Entity–relationship model Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Entity–relationship model issues and probe Entity–relationship model strategic alliances.
– To what extent does management recognize Agile Testing as a tool to increase the results?
IEEE Standards Association Critical Criteria:
Learn from IEEE Standards Association failures and observe effective IEEE Standards Association.
Graphical user interface builder Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Graphical user interface builder results and interpret which customers can’t participate in Graphical user interface builder because they lack skills.
ISO/IEC 15504 Critical Criteria:
Revitalize ISO/IEC 15504 engagements and adjust implementation of ISO/IEC 15504.
– Think about the people you identified for your Agile Testing project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Agile Testing services/products?
– Why should we adopt a Agile Testing framework?
Infrastructure as Code Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Infrastructure as Code results and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are internal and external Agile Testing relations?
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Spiral model adoptions and define what do we need to start doing with Spiral model.
Software project management Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Software project management adoptions and handle a jump-start course to Software project management.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Agile Testing?
– What are the usability implications of Agile Testing actions?
Software construction Critical Criteria:
Mix Software construction planning and give examples utilizing a core of simple Software construction skills.
Software verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Graph Software verification and validation projects and adopt an insight outlook.
Ivar Jacobson Critical Criteria:
Graph Ivar Jacobson strategies and probe Ivar Jacobson strategic alliances.
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Risk management results and finalize specific methods for Risk management acceptance.
– How do we revise the risk appetite statement so that we can link it to risk culture, roll it out effectively to the business units and bring it to life for them. How do we make it meaningful in connecting it with what they do day-to-day?
– How does each element of our Telecommunications (TC) and Data Communications affect the basic structure of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (C.I.A.)?
– Do we look at how changes impact risk, for example, does the addition of a new service add a professional liability exposure?
– Are there any threats or vulnerabilities in the environment? Has anything changed in production?
– Should supervisors be engaged deeply with risk measurements and Risk Management?
– Can highly-effective IT Risk Management programs ever eliminate IT Risk?
– To what extent are you involved in IT Risk Management at your company?
– Do we appropriately integrate Cybersecurity risk into business risk?
– Does this make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How do we decide if there is any corrective action needed?
– What is the prime directive of Risk Management?
– How does your company report on its IT risk?
– What do we have to produce/create?
– What is risk?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Agile Testing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Agile Testing External links:
Agile Testing Collection, The | InformIT
What is Agile Testing | QAComplete
Agile Testing – SlideShare
Software development process External links:
What is Software Development Process? – Definition …
Agile software development External links:
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
What is Agile? Learn About Agile Software Development
Software development methodology External links:
CIS 610 | Software Development Methodology – CSU Online
User experience External links:
User Experience Consulting – Blink UX – Seattle Washington
Google User Experience Research
Lojic | Manufacturing User Experience
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Standards | CDT
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Zachman International – Enterprise Architecture
ISO 9001 External links:
Home – ISO 9001 certified custom sheet extruder — Pacur
Bevel Gear Co., LTD | ISO 9001 Precision Gear Manufacturer
Capability Maturity Model Integration External links:
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Overview
Test-driven development External links:
Test-Driven Development | Codecademy
Extreme programming practices External links:
Extreme Programming Practices Used to Facilitate …
Systems engineering External links:
Industrial & Systems Engineering | College of Engineering
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
DoD Systems Engineering – Guidance & Tools
Structured analysis External links:
What is Structured Analysis? – Definition from Techopedia
Dynamic systems development method External links:
Dynamic Systems Development Method – YouTube
Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM) – Prezi
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 External links:
[PDF]ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 N XXXX 2 Date: 2007-06-15 – IEEE-SA
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 – Software and systems engineering
http://www.iso.org › … › Standards catalogue › Browse by TC › ISO/IEC JTC 1
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 – Asset Leadership Network
Systems modeling External links:
Permedia Petroleum Systems Modeling – Landmark …
Water Distribution Systems Modeling using EPANET | …
[PDF]The OMG SysML Tutorial – OMG Systems Modeling …
Computer engineering External links:
Electrical and Computer Engineering (NDSU)
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering …
Electrical and Computer Engineering
View model External links:
http://A view model represents the data that you want to display on your view/page, whether it be used for static text or for input values (like textboxes and dropdown lists) that can be added to the database (or edited). It is something different than your domain model. It is a model for the view.
[PDF]FAUCET PARTS – EXPLODED VIEW Model: K-59 – …
My View model position for CS:GO – Steam Community
Extreme programming External links:
Extreme Programming: A Gentle Introduction.
Computer science External links:
Purdue University – Department of Computer Science
Computer Science and Engineering
TEALS – Computer Science in Every High School
Continuous Delivery External links:
Continuous Delivery – CA Technologies
What is Continuous Delivery? – Continuous Delivery
Continuous Delivery (eBook, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Executable UML External links:
[PDF]Executable UML: A Foundation for Model Driven …
Executable UML (xUML)
University Bookstore at Texas State – Executable UML
UML tools External links:
visio – Simple UML tools – Stack Overflow
Data model External links:
Introducing the new entities in the Common data model
NQF: Quality Data Model
Object-oriented programming External links:
Object-Oriented Programming Definition | Webopedia
Software deployment External links:
Sophos Central: Software deployment methods – Sophos Community
Software Deployment Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Functional specification External links:
What is functional specification? – Definition from WhatIs.com
What Goes Into a Functional Specification? – Bridging the …
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
Software documentation External links:
Software Documentation – FIREHOUSE Software®
Lifesize Hardware & Software Documentation
Software Documentation | Zenoss
Software design External links:
The Nerdery | Custom Software Design and Development
Devbridge – Custom software design and development
Custom Software Design & Development | FrogSlayer
Software architecture External links:
O’Reilly Software Architecture Conference in New York …
Chapter 1: What is Software Architecture?
Software Architecture & Design | Udacity
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer (@Bertrand_Meyer) | Twitter
Bertrand Meyer – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
Bertrand Meyer Profiles | Facebook
Service-oriented architecture External links:
[PDF]Service-Oriented Architecture for Command and …
Computer programming External links:
Computer Programming – ed2go
Computer Programming, Robotics & Engineering – STEM For Kids
Computer programming | Computing | Khan Academy
Continuous Integration External links:
Continuous integration in .NET (eBook, 2011) …
Continuous Integration – CI | CircleCI
Software maintenance External links:
Citrix Software Maintenance Support Program – Citrix
MathWorks Software Maintenance Service – Makers of …
Specification by example External links:
Gojko Adzic – Specification By Example on Vimeo
Specification by Example | ThoughtWorks
Manning | Specification by Example
Niklaus Wirth External links:
Niklaus Wirth by on Prezi
[PDF]Compiler Construction (Niklaus Wirth) – ETH Z
[PDF]Niklaus wirth pdf – ubedibys.files.wordpress.com
Formal methods External links:
Formal Methods – Carnegie Mellon University
Tenth NASA Formal Methods Symposium (NFM 2018)
Formal Methods and Models | Volgenau School of …
Software quality External links:
EasyQA – TEST MANAGEMENT TOOL TO IMPROVE SOFTWARE QUALITY
Pillars of software quality | Microsoft Docs
Pacific NW Software Quality Conference – PNSQC
Watts Humphrey External links:
George Watts Humphrey Jr. – Wealth-X Dossier
G. Watts Humphrey, Jr. | America’s Best Racing
Watts Humphrey: An Outrageous Commitment, A Lifelong Mission
Software testing External links:
Software Testing Certification Information – ASTQB …
Software testing training & placement in USA | IITWorkforce
tap|QA – Software Testing, Continuous Integration, Selenium
Software archaeology External links:
Digging code: Software archaeology – TechRepublic
Software Archaeology | CSIAC
Data modeling External links:
The Difference Between Data Analysis and Data Modeling
Data modeling (Book, 1999) [WorldCat.org]
Data Modeling | IT Pro
Object model External links:
COM: Component Object Model Technologies
The Internet Explorer Object Model – msdn.microsoft.com
Object Model calls may fail from WorkbookOpen event …
Information model External links:
Overview of the Splunk Common Information Model – …
3 Information Model | IMS Global Learning Consortium
Jail Information Model (eBook, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
Edsger W. Dijkstra External links:
Edsger W. Dijkstra on Dutch TV – YouTube
Wins Second Edsger W. Dijkstra Prize | Brown University
Edsger W. Dijkstra • IEEE Computer Society
Test management tool External links:
EasyQA – TEST MANAGEMENT TOOL TO IMPROVE …
Requirements analysis External links:
[PDF]Data Requirements Analysis Process – knowledge …
Wilderness.net – Minimum Requirements Analysis
[PDF]VIII. Requirements Analysis – University of Toronto
Software quality assurance External links:
[PDF]Software Quality Assurance Plan – US Department of …
15-1199.01 – Software Quality Assurance Engineers and …
Software Quality Assurance Engineers & Testers at My Next Move
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Academy for Software Engineering / Homepage
Systems development life cycle External links:
DOJ Systems Development Life Cycle Guidance Chapter 5
The Systems Development Life Cycle
SOLUTION: The Systems Development Life Cycle and …
Software configuration management External links:
Software Configuration Management and ISO 9001
Software configuration management
http://In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines. If something goes wrong, SCM can determine what was changed and who changed it.
Software Configuration Management Specialist — …
IEEE Standards Association External links:
IEEE Standards Association – Attendance
IEEE Standards Association – View IEEE Society-Staff Liaisons
IEEE Standards Association – Official Site
Graphical user interface builder External links:
[PDF]GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE BUILDER GNUSTEP
A graphical user interface builder for Tk – dl.acm.org
Graphical user interface builder – topics.revolvy.com
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/Graphical user interface builder
ISO/IEC 15504 External links:
ISO/IEC 15504 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
http://ISO/IEC 15504 Information technology – Process assessment, also termed Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination (SPICE), is a set of technical standards documents for the computer software development process and related business management functions.
ISO/IEC 15504-5:2012(en), Information technology ? …
Infrastructure as Code External links:
Infrastructure as code – the foundation for DevOps | Puppet
Spiral model External links:
Create Spiral Model in PowerPoint Easily
Spiral Model of software engineering in Hindi – YouTube
Spiral Model : Advantages and Disadvantages ~ I …
Software project management External links:
Full-stack Software Project Management Tools – Unfuddle
Software Project Management Flashcards | Quizlet
Software verification and validation External links:
CiteSeerX — SOFTWARE VERIFICATION AND VALIDATION
Software Verification and Validation – superioressaypapers
Software Verification and Validation Procedure …
Ivar Jacobson External links:
Ivar Jacobson Intl. (@IvarJacobsonInt) | Twitter
Customers | Ivar Jacobson International
Ivar Jacobson International
Risk management External links:
Risk Management Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Education Risk Management | Edu Risk Solutions
Risk Management Job Titles | Enlighten Jobs