What is involved in Internet Marketing
Find out what the related areas are that Internet Marketing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Internet Marketing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Internet Marketing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Internet Marketing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Internet Marketing related domains to cover and 132 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Internet Marketing, Out-of-home advertising, Marketing research, Cost per impression, Web bugs, Word-of-mouth marketing, Marketing communications, Streaming media, Social commerce, Content management system, Java applet, Account-based marketing, Mobile commerce, Multimedia Messaging Service, Corporate anniversary, Mobile applications, Do Not Track legislation, Cost Per Action, Interactive Advertising Bureau, World Wide Web, HTTP cookie, Referral marketing, Advertising media, Digital Equipment Corporation, Search engine results pages, Loyalty marketing, Online advertising, Brand licensing, Drip marketing, Ad blocking, Nigerian scam, Honor system, Central ad server, Mobile ticketing, Native advertising, Underwriting spot, Online trading community, Direct marketing, Yellow Pages, Cost per mille, Product placement, Feature phone, Display advertising, Web banner, Pop-up ad, Promotional merchandise, Branded entertainment, Unica Corporation, Click fraud, Point of sale:
Internet Marketing Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Internet Marketing issues and do something to it.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Internet Marketing project?
– What are our Internet Marketing Processes?
Out-of-home advertising Critical Criteria:
Mine Out-of-home advertising tasks and find out what it really means.
– Is the Internet Marketing organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the business goals Internet Marketing is aiming to achieve?
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Focus on Marketing research adoptions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Internet Marketing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– For your Internet Marketing project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
Cost per impression Critical Criteria:
Sort Cost per impression outcomes and overcome Cost per impression skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Internet Marketing project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Internet Marketing agendas for the next 3 years?
– Who will provide the final approval of Internet Marketing deliverables?
Web bugs Critical Criteria:
X-ray Web bugs quality and report on setting up Web bugs without losing ground.
– Consider your own Internet Marketing project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Do those selected for the Internet Marketing team have a good general understanding of what Internet Marketing is all about?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Internet Marketing processes?
Word-of-mouth marketing Critical Criteria:
Check Word-of-mouth marketing adoptions and oversee implementation of Word-of-mouth marketing.
– Does Internet Marketing include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Are there Internet Marketing Models?
Marketing communications Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Marketing communications adoptions and mentor Marketing communications customer orientation.
– Identification of the particulars of the monitoring, evaluation, and control efforts that will be employed to appraise the effectiveness of all imc program elements used. what is to be tested?
– There are a variety of product related problems that can turn into crises. what if product tampering occurs and consumers buying products are harmed?
– Identification of the reach, frequency, and message weights sought. what will be the geographical allocation of the media budget and why?
– What is the next stage in the imc planning process, once marketing and communication objectives have been set?
– If an introductory phase is called for, is the weight scheduled sufficient to break through to the consumer?
– If you are in doubt about a particular event and it will require a significant expense, why not test it?
– Product is used in the storyboard. if it comes in more than one size or color, which should be featured?
– Nature of the message (is it complicated and therefore better communicated in person?
– What if product tampering occurs and consumers buying csm products are harmed?
– It supports conviction and purchase by asking so, are you ready to connect?
– How much money do we need to spend to achieve our campaign objectives?
– Which kinds of advertising in which media influence you the most?
– What do we need to know to achieve the strategy weve set?
– How is the content of a marketing curriculum determined?
– What is the nature of our middlemen or the trade?
– Why do we need an advertising strategy at all?
– Documentation supporting any options selected?
– To whom do you go to get the facts?
– Media – which vehicles to use?
– what is the big idea?
Streaming media Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Streaming media planning and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Streaming media is getting what it needs.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Internet Marketing information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What is the source of the strategies for Internet Marketing strengthening and reform?
– How do we manage Internet Marketing Knowledge Management (KM)?
Social commerce Critical Criteria:
Align Social commerce quality and question.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Internet Marketing strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Does Internet Marketing analysis show the relationships among important Internet Marketing factors?
– What about Internet Marketing Analysis of results?
Content management system Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Content management system visions and proactively manage Content management system risks.
– What is our formula for success in Internet Marketing ?
– What is a learning management system?
– How do we define online learning?
Java applet Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Java applet governance and describe which business rules are needed as Java applet interface.
– Among the Internet Marketing product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– To what extent does management recognize Internet Marketing as a tool to increase the results?
Account-based marketing Critical Criteria:
Graph Account-based marketing decisions and figure out ways to motivate other Account-based marketing users.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Internet Marketing objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Internet Marketing processes of our organization?
– Is Internet Marketing dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Mobile commerce Critical Criteria:
Recall Mobile commerce adoptions and get answers.
– Think about the people you identified for your Internet Marketing project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Internet Marketing into the services that we provide?
– Is a Internet Marketing Team Work effort in place?
Multimedia Messaging Service Critical Criteria:
Adapt Multimedia Messaging Service goals and optimize Multimedia Messaging Service leadership as a key to advancement.
– Think of your Internet Marketing project. what are the main functions?
– What are current Internet Marketing Paradigms?
Corporate anniversary Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Corporate anniversary risks and create Corporate anniversary explanations for all managers.
– Is maximizing Internet Marketing protection the same as minimizing Internet Marketing loss?
– Does Internet Marketing appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How do we keep improving Internet Marketing?
Mobile applications Critical Criteria:
Add value to Mobile applications tasks and arbitrate Mobile applications techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– what is the best design framework for Internet Marketing organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Think about the functions involved in your Internet Marketing project. what processes flow from these functions?
Do Not Track legislation Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Do Not Track legislation projects and develop and take control of the Do Not Track legislation initiative.
– Does Internet Marketing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Internet Marketing effort?
Cost Per Action Critical Criteria:
Add value to Cost Per Action planning and raise human resource and employment practices for Cost Per Action.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Internet Marketing is underway?
– What are internal and external Internet Marketing relations?
Interactive Advertising Bureau Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Interactive Advertising Bureau issues and document what potential Interactive Advertising Bureau megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Internet Marketing strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
World Wide Web Critical Criteria:
Disseminate World Wide Web goals and get the big picture.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Internet Marketing activities?
– How to deal with Internet Marketing Changes?
HTTP cookie Critical Criteria:
Incorporate HTTP cookie failures and gather practices for scaling HTTP cookie.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Internet Marketing activities?
Referral marketing Critical Criteria:
Think about Referral marketing issues and prioritize challenges of Referral marketing.
– Are assumptions made in Internet Marketing stated explicitly?
– How can we improve Internet Marketing?
Advertising media Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Advertising media visions and slay a dragon.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Internet Marketing process?
– How much does Internet Marketing help?
Digital Equipment Corporation Critical Criteria:
Refer to Digital Equipment Corporation goals and overcome Digital Equipment Corporation skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Internet Marketing ?
– Is the scope of Internet Marketing defined?
Search engine results pages Critical Criteria:
Generalize Search engine results pages visions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Search engine results pages projects.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Internet Marketing? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Internet Marketing?
– What are specific Internet Marketing Rules to follow?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Learn from Loyalty marketing management and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Loyalty marketing results.
– What vendors make products that address the Internet Marketing needs?
– Can we do Internet Marketing without complex (expensive) analysis?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Learn from Online advertising tactics and oversee implementation of Online advertising.
– What is our Internet Marketing Strategy?
Brand licensing Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Brand licensing engagements and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Brand licensing services.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Internet Marketing processes?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Internet Marketing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How can the value of Internet Marketing be defined?
Drip marketing Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Drip marketing visions and correct Drip marketing management by competencies.
– Does our organization need more Internet Marketing education?
– What will drive Internet Marketing change?
Ad blocking Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Ad blocking goals and describe the risks of Ad blocking sustainability.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Internet Marketing project manager?
– Have you identified your Internet Marketing key performance indicators?
– Will Internet Marketing deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Nigerian scam Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Nigerian scam issues and find out.
– How likely is the current Internet Marketing plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are the long-term Internet Marketing goals?
Honor system Critical Criteria:
Check Honor system adoptions and point out Honor system tensions in leadership.
– Are there recognized Internet Marketing problems?
Central ad server Critical Criteria:
Examine Central ad server projects and change contexts.
– Why are Internet Marketing skills important?
Mobile ticketing Critical Criteria:
Detail Mobile ticketing projects and look at it backwards.
– Are we Assessing Internet Marketing and Risk?
Native advertising Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Native advertising visions and balance specific methods for improving Native advertising results.
– What are the disruptive Internet Marketing technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we measure improved Internet Marketing service perception, and satisfaction?
Underwriting spot Critical Criteria:
Steer Underwriting spot visions and proactively manage Underwriting spot risks.
– What are the usability implications of Internet Marketing actions?
Online trading community Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Online trading community adoptions and sort Online trading community activities.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Internet Marketing that make it risky?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Consult on Direct marketing management and be persistent.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Internet Marketing. How do we gain traction?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Internet Marketing forward?
Yellow Pages Critical Criteria:
Design Yellow Pages risks and work towards be a leading Yellow Pages expert.
– In a project to restructure Internet Marketing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Internet Marketing with what users do day-to-day?
Cost per mille Critical Criteria:
Pilot Cost per mille issues and oversee Cost per mille management by competencies.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Internet Marketing project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Internet Marketing project lifecycle?
– Are there Internet Marketing problems defined?
Product placement Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Product placement tasks and get answers.
– What are the key elements of your Internet Marketing performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How do we know that any Internet Marketing analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Feature phone Critical Criteria:
Mine Feature phone visions and define what do we need to start doing with Feature phone.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Internet Marketing study?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Scan Display advertising leadership and report on the economics of relationships managing Display advertising and constraints.
Web banner Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Web banner governance and shift your focus.
– How important is Internet Marketing to the user organizations mission?
– How do we Improve Internet Marketing service perception, and satisfaction?
Pop-up ad Critical Criteria:
Rank Pop-up ad leadership and look at it backwards.
– Does Internet Marketing analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Do we have past Internet Marketing Successes?
Promotional merchandise Critical Criteria:
Read up on Promotional merchandise projects and find answers.
– How will you measure your Internet Marketing effectiveness?
Branded entertainment Critical Criteria:
Own Branded entertainment failures and reduce Branded entertainment costs.
– How can you measure Internet Marketing in a systematic way?
Unica Corporation Critical Criteria:
Reason over Unica Corporation leadership and observe effective Unica Corporation.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Internet Marketing is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Is Supporting Internet Marketing documentation required?
– Who sets the Internet Marketing standards?
Click fraud Critical Criteria:
See the value of Click fraud leadership and change contexts.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Internet Marketing?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Point of sale quality and handle a jump-start course to Point of sale.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Internet Marketing? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Internet Marketing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Internet Marketing External links:
Builderall – Internet Marketing | Home
Local Internet Marketing by BrandRep
Internet Marketing Strategy – Social Triggers
Marketing research External links:
Mars Research – Marketing Research Services
CMI Marketing Research
AOC Marketing Research
Cost per impression External links:
What Is the Definition of Cost Per Impression? — TrackMaven
Web bugs External links:
[PDF]Use of Internet ‘Cookies’ and ‘Web Bugs’ on …
Word-of-mouth marketing External links:
Measuring Offline Vs. Online Word-of-Mouth Marketing
Word-of-Mouth Marketing Is NOT Marketing
Marketing communications External links:
HCK2 | A Marketing Communications Firm
RRD | Multichannel Marketing Communications
Streaming media External links:
Rveal | Streaming Media Player & TV Entertainment Solutions
Streaming Media Services – technet.microsoft.com
Streaming Media Players: Comparison Chart | Tech for …
Social commerce External links:
Social Commerce And Retailer Benefits – Business Insider
Content management system External links:
Content Management System – Cognizant
MARPHTC Learning Content Management System
HR Pilot – ePlace Solutions Content Management System
Java applet External links:
How to Fix Java Applet Security Errors – UCSD Mathematics
Java Applet – Free downloads and reviews – CNET Download.com
So, You Want A Java Applet, Huh? – htmlgoodies
Account-based marketing External links:
Account-Based Marketing Explained In Terms You’ll …
Mobile commerce External links:
Mobile Commerce – Investopedia
Mobile Commerce TT Limited – Home | Facebook
Ready for Next – Mobile Commerce – CyberSource
Multimedia Messaging Service External links:
MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) – Tech-FAQ
What Is Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS)?
MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) – definition – GSM Arena
Corporate anniversary External links:
Ten 10 Year Corporate Anniversary Gifts for Employees
Personalized Corporate Anniversary Gifts – Memorable …
30th Corporate Anniversary Event Ideas by Corporate …
Mobile applications External links:
DOL Mobile Applications | United States Department of Labor
Mobile Applications – PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Safeway – Mobile Applications
Cost Per Action External links:
What is Cost Per Action (CPA)? – Definition from Techopedia
Cost Per Action Evolution – Home | Facebook
What is Cost Per Action (CPA)? – Definition & Information
Interactive Advertising Bureau External links:
IAB – Interactive Advertising Bureau – Home | Facebook
IAB – Interactive Advertising Bureau – Google+
World Wide Web External links:
IIS World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC)
HTTP cookie External links:
MANAGER HTTP Cookie Problem – Marvell Technology …
HTTP Headers | Hypertext Transfer Protocol | Http Cookie
HTTP cookie – Wiktionary
Referral marketing External links:
Referral Marketing for Business – Care.com
ShopSocially Social Referral Marketing | Customer …
Doctor Referral Marketing | Get More Patients | DRI
Advertising media External links:
Industry-Leading Advertising Media Cost Data | SQAD
2018 Advertising Media Planner – Hotel Business
Digital Equipment Corporation External links:
Digital Equipment Corporation – CHM Revolution
GRC’s | Digital Equipment Corporation’s PDP-8
Loyalty marketing External links:
Clutch Loyalty Marketing | Solutions & Strategy
COLLOQUY | Loyalty Marketing & CX
Welcome to Fiserv Card Loyalty Marketing
Brand licensing External links:
Brand Licensing | Whirlpool Corporation
Brand Licensing | Meredith
The 10 Most Common Brand Licensing Mistakes
Drip marketing External links:
Drip Marketing | Kramer Direct
Drip 365 – Email Drip Marketing
drip marketing – Tenstreet
Ad blocking External links:
Alternate DNS – Ad Blocking DNS Server
Ad Muncher: Free ad blocking for all browsers
How Ad Blocking Works: Everything You Need to Know
Nigerian scam External links:
Nigerian scams | Scamwatch
The new Nigerian scam – CNBC
What answer best describes a Nigerian Scam? – Brainly.com
Honor system External links:
Honor System Vending Boxes – Entrepreneur
Honor System | Definition of Honor System by Merriam-Webster
Honor System | The Vault
Central ad server External links:
db:: 3.83::Fesibility of Central AD Server 33 – hivmr.com
Mobile ticketing External links:
Mobile Ticketing Info | Nashville Predators
LYNX Mobile Ticketing | LYNXPawpass Customer Portal
Native advertising External links:
John Oliver On Native Advertising – Business Insider
Ampush | Native Advertising Solution
MGID: Native Advertising Marketplace
Underwriting spot External links:
Underwriting spot – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
Underwriting spot – Revolvy
Underwriting spot – WOW.com
Online trading community External links:
An online Trading community using LETS – bsce.com.au
The Exchange | Questrade’s online trading community
WORLD’S LARGEST ONLINE TRADING COMMUNITY LAUNCHES NEW …
Direct marketing External links:
Direct Marketing – Investopedia
Direct Mail Company | Direct Marketing Company
Boomerang Direct Marketing – Home
Yellow Pages External links:
White Pages, Yellow Pages Directory
Yellow Pages Online, Phone Book & Business Directory
YP.com | The Real Yellow Pages
Product placement External links:
Product Placement Blog
Product placement | Futurepedia | FANDOM powered by …
13 Classic Examples of Product Placement – HubSpot Blog
Feature phone External links:
Sonim XP5 Feature Phone – Price, Features & Reviews – AT&T
[PDF]ESI Feature Phone User’s Guide – ComSouth
[PDF]ESI Feature Phone User’s Guide – DTS – dtsphones.com
Display advertising External links:
About SteelHouse | Digital Marketing & Display Advertising
Best Display Advertising Software in 2018 | G2 Crowd
Google Display Ads & Display Advertising | Google AdWords
Web banner External links:
LSBA Web Banner Website Link – Gilsbar > Home
Logo and web banner | womenshealth.gov
Web Banner Templates – Canva
Pop-up ad External links:
What is pop-up ad? Webopedia Definition
Pop-up ad creator: ‘I’m sorry’ – Aug. 15, 2014
What is pop-up ad? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Promotional merchandise External links:
Promotional Merchandise | Socks | Headbands | Wristbands
Branded entertainment External links:
Branded Entertainment Network
Branded Entertainment – SourceWatch
Branded Entertainment Network | Integration Experts – BEN
Unica Corporation External links:
IBM to Acquire Unica Corporation – United States
Click fraud External links:
FDA: Click Fraud – New York University
Click Fraud | Definition of Click Fraud by Merriam-Webster
[PDF]Click Fraud – Pennsylvania State University
Point of sale External links:
Free POS Software. Point of Sale System | Loyverse POS
Paladin Point of Sale Homepage – Paladin Point of Sale
iPad POS System: TouchBistro Restaurant Point of Sale