What is involved in Transportation Spend Management
Find out what the related areas are that Transportation Spend Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Transportation Spend Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Transportation Spend Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Transportation Spend Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Transportation Spend Management related domains to cover and 52 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Transportation Spend Management, Advanced Traffic Management System, Active traffic management, California Department of Transportation, Dynamic message sign, Highway advisory radio, IBM Administrative Terminal System, ITS America, Intelligent Transportation System, Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act, National ITS Architecture, Ramp meter, Road Weather Information System, SAFETEA-LU, Speed limit, Traffic camera, Traffic optimization, Transportation Management Center, Urban Traffic Management and Control, Variable-message sign, Vehicle Detector Station:
Transportation Spend Management Critical Criteria:
Confer over Transportation Spend Management planning and reduce Transportation Spend Management costs.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Transportation Spend Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Is the Transportation Spend Management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Are assumptions made in Transportation Spend Management stated explicitly?
Advanced Traffic Management System Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Advanced Traffic Management System adoptions and explain and analyze the challenges of Advanced Traffic Management System.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Transportation Spend Management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are all of our Transportation Spend Management domains and what do they do?
Active traffic management Critical Criteria:
Value Active traffic management management and intervene in Active traffic management processes and leadership.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Transportation Spend Management?
– How can skill-level changes improve Transportation Spend Management?
– What threat is Transportation Spend Management addressing?
California Department of Transportation Critical Criteria:
Be clear about California Department of Transportation governance and cater for concise California Department of Transportation education.
– Think about the functions involved in your Transportation Spend Management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Transportation Spend Management?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Transportation Spend Management agendas for the next 3 years?
Dynamic message sign Critical Criteria:
Investigate Dynamic message sign decisions and overcome Dynamic message sign skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How can you measure Transportation Spend Management in a systematic way?
– Are we Assessing Transportation Spend Management and Risk?
Highway advisory radio Critical Criteria:
Jump start Highway advisory radio goals and report on developing an effective Highway advisory radio strategy.
– What are the key elements of your Transportation Spend Management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Transportation Spend Management project manager?
– To what extent does management recognize Transportation Spend Management as a tool to increase the results?
IBM Administrative Terminal System Critical Criteria:
Align IBM Administrative Terminal System planning and perfect IBM Administrative Terminal System conflict management.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Transportation Spend Management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Is maximizing Transportation Spend Management protection the same as minimizing Transportation Spend Management loss?
ITS America Critical Criteria:
Debate over ITS America adoptions and mentor ITS America customer orientation.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Transportation Spend Management activities?
Intelligent Transportation System Critical Criteria:
Investigate Intelligent Transportation System quality and work towards be a leading Intelligent Transportation System expert.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Transportation Spend Management opportunities costing us money?
– How would one define Transportation Spend Management leadership?
Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act Critical Criteria:
Define Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act management and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act decisions.
– Which customers cant participate in our Transportation Spend Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are the barriers to increased Transportation Spend Management production?
– What are the long-term Transportation Spend Management goals?
National ITS Architecture Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct National ITS Architecture governance and integrate design thinking in National ITS Architecture innovation.
– Consider your own Transportation Spend Management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Transportation Spend Management processes?
Ramp meter Critical Criteria:
Unify Ramp meter tasks and remodel and develop an effective Ramp meter strategy.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Transportation Spend Management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Does Transportation Spend Management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is the scope of Transportation Spend Management defined?
Road Weather Information System Critical Criteria:
Use past Road Weather Information System leadership and gather Road Weather Information System models .
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Transportation Spend Management objectives?
– How do we Lead with Transportation Spend Management in Mind?
SAFETEA-LU Critical Criteria:
Use past SAFETEA-LU issues and get out your magnifying glass.
– In what ways are Transportation Spend Management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What is the purpose of Transportation Spend Management in relation to the mission?
– How is the value delivered by Transportation Spend Management being measured?
Speed limit Critical Criteria:
Judge Speed limit governance and probe Speed limit strategic alliances.
– What vendors make products that address the Transportation Spend Management needs?
– Which Transportation Spend Management goals are the most important?
– How much does Transportation Spend Management help?
Traffic camera Critical Criteria:
X-ray Traffic camera projects and spearhead techniques for implementing Traffic camera.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Transportation Spend Management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Does Transportation Spend Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Traffic optimization Critical Criteria:
Talk about Traffic optimization governance and grade techniques for implementing Traffic optimization controls.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Transportation Spend Management in a volatile global economy?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Transportation Spend Management leaders?
– What are the short and long-term Transportation Spend Management goals?
Transportation Management Center Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Transportation Management Center quality and finalize the present value of growth of Transportation Management Center.
– Will Transportation Spend Management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Does Transportation Spend Management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Urban Traffic Management and Control Critical Criteria:
Unify Urban Traffic Management and Control governance and reduce Urban Traffic Management and Control costs.
Variable-message sign Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Variable-message sign failures and balance specific methods for improving Variable-message sign results.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Transportation Spend Management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Transportation Spend Management forward?
Vehicle Detector Station Critical Criteria:
Rank Vehicle Detector Station planning and do something to it.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Transportation Spend Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Is there any existing Transportation Spend Management governance structure?
– Are accountability and ownership for Transportation Spend Management clearly defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Transportation Spend Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Transportation Spend Management External links:
Transportation Spend Management (TSM) Program
Total Transportation Spend Management From Veraction
Traffic Consultants, Inc. | Transportation Spend Management
Advanced Traffic Management System External links:
Autoscope® TIP – Econolite Advanced Traffic Management System
Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) – St Lucie …
Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) – Miami-Dade
Active traffic management External links:
I-66 Active Traffic Management System
Active Traffic Management Feasibility and Screening Guide
California Department of Transportation External links:
California Department of Transportation..
[PDF]The California Department of Transportation
[PDF]California Department of Transportation
Dynamic message sign External links:
Dynamic Message Signs (DMS)
[PDF]ITEM 683.93021108 DYNAMIC MESSAGE SIGN …
[PDF]Dynamic Message Sign Boards on Projects – …
Highway advisory radio External links:
Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) Systems from M.H. Corbin
[PDF]Highway Advisory Radio, Message Development …
[PDF]Highway Advisory Radio, I-90 Snoqualmie Pass
ITS America External links:
Technology Scan & Assessments — ITS America
ITS America Annual Meeting 2018
Intelligent Transportation System External links:
Intelligent Transportation System Architecture and Standards
[PDF]Intelligent Transportation System/Positive Train …
Intelligent Transportation System – Pinellas County, Florida
National ITS Architecture External links:
[PDF]New National ITS Architecture’s V7 – Systems …
Intelligent Transportation Systems – National ITS Architecture
Intelligent Transportation Systems – National ITS Architecture
Ramp meter External links:
[PDF]Twin Cities Ramp Meter Evaluation – Final Report
Road Weather Information System External links:
Assessment of Montana Road Weather Information System
SAFETEA-LU External links:
SAFETEA-LU – Safety | Federal Highway Administration
SAFETEA-LU – Fact Sheets – Highway Trust Fund and Taxes
SAFETEA-LU – Safety | Federal Highway Administration
Speed limit External links:
The highest speed limits are generally 70-80 mph (110-130 km/h) in western states and 70-75 mph (113-121 km/h) in eastern states.
State Speed Limit Chart – National Motorists Association
Traffic camera External links:
Traffic Camera Video Log Request, Overview, Doing …
Streaming Triangle traffic camera video :: WRAL.com
Traffic optimization External links:
RebelRocket Onboard Wi-Fi Traffic Optimization Service
Transportation Management Center External links:
MCDOT Transportation Management Center Cameras
Regional Transportation Management Center (RTMC) – …
[PDF]Transportation Management Center Video …
Urban Traffic Management and Control External links:
Urban Traffic Management and Control – WOW.com
Urban Traffic Management and Control – YouTube
[PDF]Cycling and Urban Traffic Management and Control …