What is involved in Dynamics CRM
Find out what the related areas are that Dynamics CRM connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Dynamics CRM thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Microsoft Dynamics CRM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Microsoft Dynamics CRM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Dynamics CRM related domains to cover and 172 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, .NET Framework, Active Directory, Client Access License, Cloud computing, Customer relationship management, Dynamics 365, Google Chrome, Independent software vendor, Internet Explorer, Internet Information Services, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Microsoft Office Communicator, Microsoft Online Services, Operating system, Oracle Corporation, SQL Server Reporting Services, SharePoint 2010, Siebel Systems, Software categories, Software developer, Software license, Software release life cycle, Web service, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Server 2012:
Dynamics CRM Critical Criteria:
Grasp Dynamics CRM outcomes and describe which business rules are needed as Dynamics CRM interface.
– Given that we simply do not have the resources to save all the data that comes into an organization, what shall be saved and what shall be lost?
– What is the value of integrating social intelligence listening and engagement into the CRM your business is using?
– What platforms are you unable to measure accurately, or able to provide only limited measurements from?
– Is there a minimum set of languages that need to be covered by translation services?
– Can you make product suggestions based on the customers order or purchase history?
– What are the strategic implications of the implementation and use of crm systems?
– Do you have the capability to measure cost per lead or cost per acquisition?
– What is your organizations history of meeting recovery time objectives?
– Can your software be accessed via Windows PCs and Apple Mac computers?
– What are the standard hours for phone, email and chat support?
– How can the many barriers to CRM implementation be overcome?
– When are records synchronized with Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
– Is there an incentive for visitors/customers to register?
– Does the user have permission to synchronize to Outlook?
– How much data is the right amount of data to collect?
– What is the vendors reach in a particular market?
– Does the user have permission to go offline?
– How can we figure out LTV in Social CRM?
– What is the recovery point objective?
– Do we all define Dynamics CRM in the same way?
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Critical Criteria:
Derive from Microsoft Dynamics CRM tasks and report on developing an effective Microsoft Dynamics CRM strategy.
– Is a significant amount of your time taken up communicating with existing clients to resolve issues they are having?
– Does the pop-up blocker include the Microsoft Dynamics CRM URLs as safe sites?
– Which systems will the IVR need to integrate with to facilitate selfserve?
– How must our value proposition change to earn greater customer loyalty?
– What is the network quality, including speed and dropped packets?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
– What are the key application components of our CRM system?
– Is the Microsoft Office Excel add-in registered correctly?
– Is it easy for your visitors or customers to contact you?
– What are the necessary steps to evaluate a CRM solution?
– Can the current CRM track calls by call type?
– What are the objectives for voice analytics?
– How do you structure your account teams?
– Do reports need to be tweaked or added?
– What is the vendors partner ecosystem?
– Is the address book size acceptable?
– Is there enough free disk space?
.NET Framework Critical Criteria:
Generalize .NET Framework failures and do something to it.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Dynamics CRM opportunities costing us money?
– How will you know that the Dynamics CRM project has been successful?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Dynamics CRM effort?
Active Directory Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Active Directory engagements and raise human resource and employment practices for Active Directory.
– Does the tool in use have the ability to integrate with Active Directory or sync directory on a scheduled basis, or do look-ups within a multi-domain forest in the sub-100-millisecond range?
– Does the tool we use have the ability to integrate with Enterprise Active Directory Servers to determine users and build user, role, and business unit policies?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Dynamics CRM. How do we gain traction?
– If we integrate an external product with active directory, will it require that we modify our ad schema?
– Does Dynamics CRM systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Provide the ability to synchronize active directory with cloud-based endpoints?
– What is the process of adding users and deleting users from Active Directory?
– What happens if a user changes their password natively in active directory?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Dynamics CRM processes?
– Enable unix and linux authentication from active directory?
– Does your software integrate with active directory?
Client Access License Critical Criteria:
Add value to Client Access License results and learn.
– Have all basic functions of Dynamics CRM been defined?
– How can skill-level changes improve Dynamics CRM?
– How can we improve Dynamics CRM?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Cloud computing leadership and integrate design thinking in Cloud computing innovation.
– Security and authentication technologies, allied to event logging, in the cloud computing environment can help auditors as they deal with issues related to workflow were those who entered, approved, changed or otherwise touched data authorized to do so, on an individual, group or role-related basis?
– The lack of research tools is unfortunate given that even the most fundamental questions are still unanswered: what is the right distributed architecture for a cloudcomputing system?
– Have you considered what measures you will need to implement to ensure that the cloud provider complies with all applicable federal, state, and local privacy laws, including ferpa?
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further enable saas adoption?
– How should we report on the geographic location (street address) for cloud computing solutions?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT Service Management ?
– What are the ways in which cloud computing and big data can work together?
– Will Cloud Computing replace traditional dedicated server hosting?
– Is cloud computing a threat to the real sense of ownership?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in IT expenditure?
– What are the pros cons of various oss for cloud computing?
– How is cloud computing shaping enterprise communications?
– What are the security issues around cloud computing?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– How do I estimate cloud computing costs?
– How not to be locked in a SaaS system?
Customer relationship management Critical Criteria:
Track Customer relationship management goals and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Do we have or need click to call CTI functions that register track outbound phone calls automatically and prevent internal sales from forgetting updating database?
– Is there an existing crm and email marketing relationship already in place, that can/should be leveraged or should we select a new solution altogether?
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– You may want to forge more relationships with affluent customers, but do they want them with you?
– What is the target level of performance for the Longest delay in Queue KPI?
– Can visitors and customers opt out of sharing their personal information?
– Do these effectiveness-based applications introduce new success factors?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– Is the user enabled and does the user have at least one security role?
– Can you identify your customers when they visit your website?
– What type of information may be released to whom?
– Does the current CRM contain escalation tracking?
– How can CRM be a source of competitive advantage?
– Can your customers interact with each other?
– How does CRM fit in our overall strategy?
– What happens to workflows?
– What happens to reports?
– Is crm worth it?
Dynamics 365 Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Dynamics 365 risks and ask questions.
– Can we add value to the current Dynamics CRM decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Does Dynamics CRM analysis show the relationships among important Dynamics CRM factors?
– Is maximizing Dynamics CRM protection the same as minimizing Dynamics CRM loss?
Google Chrome Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Google Chrome adoptions and probe the present value of growth of Google Chrome.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Dynamics CRM strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Are there Dynamics CRM problems defined?
Independent software vendor Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Independent software vendor strategies and get answers.
– What are our needs in relation to Dynamics CRM skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Is Dynamics CRM dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Internet Explorer Critical Criteria:
Devise Internet Explorer risks and separate what are the business goals Internet Explorer is aiming to achieve.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Dynamics CRM processes?
– How likely is the current Dynamics CRM plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Internet Information Services Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Internet Information Services tasks and forecast involvement of future Internet Information Services projects in development.
– In the case of a Dynamics CRM project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Dynamics CRM project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Dynamics CRM project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Dynamics CRM?
– How do we Lead with Dynamics CRM in Mind?
Microsoft Dynamics Critical Criteria:
Align Microsoft Dynamics planning and shift your focus.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Dynamics CRM experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How do we deal with the most important challenge of a crm program: how do we get a single version of the customer truth?
– It is often said that CRMs complexity is due to its quantity of functions. How do we handle this?
– Have you anticipated questions that your visitors or customers might have?
– What do you consider a short call and what is the threshold in seconds?
– Are short calls factored out of the denominator in your service level?
– Are the offline synchronization subscriptions valid?
– Why does a customer first purchase your offering?
– Do we adhere to best practices interface design?
– Is the offline database size acceptable?
– How many cases have been resolved?
– Does it pay to be green?
– Why is CRM important?
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Critical Criteria:
Group Microsoft Most Valuable Professional outcomes and learn.
– Will Dynamics CRM have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Dynamics CRM leader?
Microsoft Office Communicator Critical Criteria:
Model after Microsoft Office Communicator management and finalize specific methods for Microsoft Office Communicator acceptance.
– In a project to restructure Dynamics CRM outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Dynamics CRM?
– Are there recognized Dynamics CRM problems?
Microsoft Online Services Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Microsoft Online Services results and get out your magnifying glass.
– Consider your own Dynamics CRM project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Which customers cant participate in our Dynamics CRM domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Own Operating system tactics and give examples utilizing a core of simple Operating system skills.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Dynamics CRM? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What are the barriers to increased Dynamics CRM production?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Talk about Oracle Corporation goals and learn.
– Will Dynamics CRM deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How can you measure Dynamics CRM in a systematic way?
SQL Server Reporting Services Critical Criteria:
Survey SQL Server Reporting Services leadership and slay a dragon.
– How will you measure your Dynamics CRM effectiveness?
SharePoint 2010 Critical Criteria:
Give examples of SharePoint 2010 projects and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of SharePoint 2010.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Dynamics CRM product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Dynamics CRM process?
Siebel Systems Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Siebel Systems management and find the essential reading for Siebel Systems researchers.
– What are the disruptive Dynamics CRM technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we measure improved Dynamics CRM service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is the scope of Dynamics CRM defined?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Software categories adoptions and gather practices for scaling Software categories.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Dynamics CRM agendas for the next 3 years?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Dynamics CRM?
– Why should we adopt a Dynamics CRM framework?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Software developer issues and define what do we need to start doing with Software developer.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Dynamics CRM in a volatile global economy?
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– Is Dynamics CRM Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Software license Critical Criteria:
Test Software license goals and tour deciding if Software license progress is made.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Dynamics CRM is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What implementation technologies/resources (e.g., programming languages, development platforms, software licenses) does the provider support?
– Is our software usage in compliance with software license agreements?
– Have you identified your Dynamics CRM key performance indicators?
– Is there any existing Dynamics CRM governance structure?
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Study Software release life cycle planning and plan concise Software release life cycle education.
– What are the business goals Dynamics CRM is aiming to achieve?
– How do we keep improving Dynamics CRM?
Web service Critical Criteria:
Categorize Web service leadership and learn.
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Dynamics CRM project?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Dynamics CRM requirements in detail?
Windows Live Messenger Critical Criteria:
Sort Windows Live Messenger planning and figure out ways to motivate other Windows Live Messenger users.
Windows Server 2012 Critical Criteria:
Confer over Windows Server 2012 issues and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Windows Server 2012.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Dynamics CRM External links:
CRM Dynamics is your Microsoft Dynamics CRM partner
Install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions
Free Trial: Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Microsoft Dynamics CRM External links:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community – Forums, Blogs, …
Install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions
Compatibility with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
.NET Framework External links:
Download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 …
.NET Core vs .NET Framework: Choosing a Runtime & How …
Active Directory External links:
User Attributes – Inside Active Directory
Active Directory – Access & identity – IDaaS | Microsoft Azure
Cloud computing External links:
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | DevOps
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – …
Customer relationship management External links:
Customer Relationship Management | CRM Software – Vtiger
Agile CRM – Customer Relationship Management
Dynamics 365 External links:
Use Power BI with Microsoft Dynamics 365
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Roadmap
Google Chrome External links:
Google Chrome – Home | Facebook
Java and Google Chrome Browser
Since its release in 2008, Google Chrome has gradually come to dominate the web browser market, even on platforms with pre-installed competition. The reasons
Independent software vendor External links:
Independent Software Vendor Partner | CenturyLink
Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Partners | Five9
Independent Software Vendor Provider Partners
Internet Explorer External links:
Enabling cookies in Internet Explorer – Time and Date
Change your home page for Internet Explorer 11
Internet Explorer – Microsoft Download Center
Internet Information Services External links:
How to: Install Microsoft Internet Information Services
Microsoft Internet Information Services 8
Microsoft Dynamics External links:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Modernizing Business Process …
Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services
What is CRM – What Does CRM Stand For? | Microsoft Dynamics
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional External links:
Flickr: Dixin Yan, Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Microsoft Office Communicator External links:
Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 is an official add-on from Microsoft that is designed to allow better collaboration and communications between several
Download the Microsoft Office Communicator Client
How to Use Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 – YouTube
Microsoft Online Services External links:
Microsoft Online Services Customer Portal
Microsoft Online Services
Microsoft Online Services Advisor – partner.microsoft.com
Operating system External links:
Windows 10 operating system free download full version
nCino Bank Operating System
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Oracle Corporation External links:
Oracle Corporation (ORCL) Earnings Report Date – …
Oracle Corporation – ORCL – Stock Price Today – Zacks
ORCL : Summary for Oracle Corporation – Yahoo Finance
SQL Server Reporting Services External links:
SQL Server Reporting Services – technet.microsoft.com
SharePoint 2010 External links:
SharePoint 2010 | anothersharepointblog
Change page title in SharePoint 2010 – Stack Exchange
Siebel Systems External links:
Complaint: Siebel Systems, Inc. – SEC.gov
Siebel Systems – YouTube
[PDF]Siebel Systems, Inc. Code of Conduct – EthicsPoint
Software categories External links:
What are some Enterprise Software categories? – Quora
Browse All Software Categories – FinancesOnline.com
Software developer External links:
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Job Information: Software Developer Job
Software Developer | Internal Revenue Service
Software license External links:
Legal – Software License Agreements – Apple
Microsoft Software License Terms
QuickBooks Terms of Service & Software License Agreement
Software release life cycle External links:
Software release life cycle – Fitness, Health & Technology
Software release life cycle – doug — off the record
Lyrics containing the term: software release life cycle
https://www.lyrics.com/lyrics/software release life cycle
Web service External links:
kumo cloud™ Mobile App and Web Service for HVAC Control
HOW TO: Write a Simple Web Service by Using Visual C# .NET
HOW TO: Write a Simple Web Service by Using Visual C# .NET
Windows Live Messenger External links:
How to Sign Up for Windows Live Messenger – Lifewire
Previously known as MSN Messenger, Windows Live Messenger is Microsoft’s answer to instant messaging. While largely the same as its predecessor, Windows Live
Windows Live Messenger (Windows) – Download
Windows Server 2012 External links:
Installing IIS 8 on Windows Server 2012 | Microsoft Docs
Exam 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
Installing IIS 8.5 on Windows Server 2012 R2 | Microsoft Docs