What is involved in Enterprise Information Security Architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Enterprise Information Security Architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Enterprise Information Security Architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Information Security Architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Information Security Architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Enterprise Information Security Architecture related domains to cover and 117 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Enterprise Information Security Architecture, Asynchronous communication, Best practices, Business operations, Configuration management database, Enterprise Cybersecurity, Enterprise architecture, Enterprise architecture planning, Extended Enterprise Architecture Framework, Federal Enterprise Architecture, Financial institutions, Information assurance, Information security, Institute For Enterprise Architecture Developments, Management science, Organizational chart, Service-Oriented Modeling, Service-oriented architecture, Technology roadmaps, Zachman Framework:
Enterprise Information Security Architecture Critical Criteria:
Probe Enterprise Information Security Architecture goals and interpret which customers can’t participate in Enterprise Information Security Architecture because they lack skills.
– what is the best design framework for Enterprise Information Security Architecture organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Enterprise Information Security Architecture is underway?
Asynchronous communication Critical Criteria:
Check Asynchronous communication strategies and slay a dragon.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Enterprise Information Security Architecture workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Enterprise Information Security Architecture leader?
– Is the Enterprise Information Security Architecture organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Best practices Critical Criteria:
Derive from Best practices planning and define what our big hairy audacious Best practices goal is.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Enterprise Information Security Architecture project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Enterprise Information Security Architecture project lifecycle?
– What standards, guidelines, best practices, and tools are organizations using to understand, measure, and manage risk at the management, operational, and technical levels?
– What ITIL best practices, security and data protection standards and guidelines are in use by the cloud service provider?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Are we proactively using the most effective means, the best practices and maximizing our opportunities?
– Does your organization have a company-wide policy regarding best practices for cyber?
– Are CSI and organizational change underpinned by Kotters change management best practices?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– What are some best practices for implementing an air gap in a our setting?
– How does big data impact Data Quality and governance best practices?
– Are there any best practices or standards for the use of Big Data solutions?
– What are the best practices for Risk Management in Social Media?
– What are best practices for building something like a News Feed?
– What are some best practices for managing business intelligence?
– What best practices are relevant to your itsm initiative?
– Do we adhere to best practices interface design?
– What best practices are relevant to your ITSM initiative?
– Which rules constitute best practices?
Business operations Critical Criteria:
Study Business operations tasks and create a map for yourself.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Enterprise Information Security Architecture strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Is legal review performed on all intellectual property utilized in the course of your business operations?
– How to move the data in legacy systems to the cloud environment without interrupting business operations?
– What vendors make products that address the Enterprise Information Security Architecture needs?
Configuration management database Critical Criteria:
Refer to Configuration management database goals and proactively manage Configuration management database risks.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Enterprise Information Security Architecture opportunities costing us money?
– Application sizing is a technique used by capacity management. why is application sizing important?
– Which process is responsible for the correct configuring and transmission of the programs?
– Have all basic functions of Enterprise Information Security Architecture been defined?
– When: when do you start to place entities under configuration control?
– When can the building, testing and implementation of a change begin?
– In availability management terms, what do the letters cia stand for?
– A network segment is a superset of a larger network. true or false?
– What: selection of configuration items (what should be managed?
– Are there design changes associated with the proposed change?
– Why implement a Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
– How is information to be collected, stored and reported?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Interdisciplinary review of proposed change complete?
– Was the technical review adequately performed?
– What should be under configuration control?
– Independent verification complete?
– How to make it easier to sell?
– How does it relate to itil?
– Why a service desk?
Enterprise Cybersecurity Critical Criteria:
Discourse Enterprise Cybersecurity issues and get out your magnifying glass.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Enterprise Information Security Architecture in a volatile global economy?
– Does the Enterprise Information Security Architecture task fit the clients priorities?
– Why is Enterprise Information Security Architecture important for you now?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Debate over Enterprise architecture engagements and figure out ways to motivate other Enterprise architecture users.
– Does Enterprise Information Security Architecture analysis show the relationships among important Enterprise Information Security Architecture factors?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Enterprise Information Security Architecture processes?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– How do we maintain Enterprise Information Security Architectures Integrity?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise architecture planning Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Enterprise architecture planning leadership and do something to it.
– How do we keep improving Enterprise Information Security Architecture?
– Why are Enterprise Information Security Architecture skills important?
– What is Effective Enterprise Information Security Architecture?
Extended Enterprise Architecture Framework Critical Criteria:
X-ray Extended Enterprise Architecture Framework strategies and adopt an insight outlook.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Enterprise Information Security Architecture process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Enterprise Information Security Architecture process available?
– How is the value delivered by Enterprise Information Security Architecture being measured?
Federal Enterprise Architecture Critical Criteria:
Sort Federal Enterprise Architecture risks and document what potential Federal Enterprise Architecture megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Enterprise Information Security Architecture?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Enterprise Information Security Architecture goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are specific Enterprise Information Security Architecture Rules to follow?
Financial institutions Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Financial institutions failures and create Financial institutions explanations for all managers.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Enterprise Information Security Architecture that make it risky?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Enterprise Information Security Architecture moving forward?
– Data segregation: will the financial institutions data share resources with data from other cloud clients?
– Why are financial institutions interested in DLTs?
Information assurance Critical Criteria:
Shape Information assurance strategies and display thorough understanding of the Information assurance process.
– What is the source of the strategies for Enterprise Information Security Architecture strengthening and reform?
– Who will provide the final approval of Enterprise Information Security Architecture deliverables?
– How do we Lead with Enterprise Information Security Architecture in Mind?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Deduce Information security issues and triple focus on important concepts of Information security relationship management.
– Does mgmt communicate to the organization on the importance of meeting the information security objectives, conforming to the information security policy and the need for continual improvement?
– Are information security policies, including policies for access control, application and system development, operational, network and physical security, formally documented?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Is a risk treatment plan formulated to identify the appropriate mgmt action, resources, responsibilities and priorities for managing information security risks?
– Are Human Resources subject to screening, and do they have terms and conditions of employment defining their information security responsibilities?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (indication of completeness of policies, Ico )?
– Is mgmt able to determine whether security activities delegated to people or implemented by information security are performing as expected?
– Have standards for information security across all entities been established or codified into regulations?
– What best describes the authorization process in information security?
– What is true about the trusted computing base in information security?
– Are damage assessment and disaster recovery plans in place?
– : Return of Information Security Investment, Are you spending enough?
– Conform to the identified information security requirements?
Institute For Enterprise Architecture Developments Critical Criteria:
Discuss Institute For Enterprise Architecture Developments results and question.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Enterprise Information Security Architecture process?
– Is Enterprise Information Security Architecture Required?
Management science Critical Criteria:
Look at Management science planning and mentor Management science customer orientation.
– Think about the people you identified for your Enterprise Information Security Architecture project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Organizational chart Critical Criteria:
Use past Organizational chart issues and finalize the present value of growth of Organizational chart.
– Constantly communicate the new direction to staff. HR must rapidly readjust organizational charts, job descriptions, workflow processes, salary levels, performance measurement, etc. Why?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Enterprise Information Security Architecture project?
Service-Oriented Modeling Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Service-Oriented Modeling quality and improve Service-Oriented Modeling service perception.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Enterprise Information Security Architecture models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Enterprise Information Security Architecture is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Service-oriented architecture strategies and summarize a clear Service-oriented architecture focus.
– Are assumptions made in Enterprise Information Security Architecture stated explicitly?
– Which Enterprise Information Security Architecture goals are the most important?
Technology roadmaps Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Technology roadmaps outcomes and be persistent.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Enterprise Information Security Architecture with what users do day-to-day?
– Have you identified your Enterprise Information Security Architecture key performance indicators?
Zachman Framework Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Zachman Framework goals and adjust implementation of Zachman Framework.
– Do we all define Enterprise Information Security Architecture in the same way?
– How do enterprise architects use the Zachman Framework?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Information Security Architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Enterprise Information Security Architecture External links:
Enterprise information security architecture
http://Enterprise information security architecture (EISA) is a part of enterprise architecture focusing on information security throughout the enterprise. The name implies a difference that may not exist between small/medium-sized businesses and larger organizations.
Asynchronous communication External links:
Synchronous vs. Asynchronous Communication – YouTube
What is an example of asynchronous communication – …
[PDF]Assessing Online Asynchronous Communication …
Best practices External links:
Best Practices – Independence Title
ALTA – Best Practices
Best Practices — Attorneys Title I North Carolina
Business operations External links:
Business Operations Manager Jobs, Employment | …
How much does a business operations manager make?
Business Operations – ASAE
Enterprise Cybersecurity External links:
Enterprise Cybersecurity Office | Mass.gov
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture – EA – Gartner IT Glossary
Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) | The White House
Enterprise architecture planning External links:
Enterprise Architecture Planning: Developing a Blueprint for Data, Applications, and Technology: 9780471599852: Computer Science Books @ Amazon.com
[DOC]DOIT Enterprise Architecture Planning Project – Kevin …
Federal Enterprise Architecture External links:
Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) | The White House
[PDF]Federal Enterprise Architecture Records Management …
Financial institutions External links:
Top 50 US Financial Institutions | Economy Watch
PCBB | Solutions for Community Financial Institutions
Washington State Department of Financial Institutions
Information assurance External links:
Information Assurance Training Center
Title Information Assurance Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program
Information security External links:
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Title & Settlement Information Security
ALTA – Information Security
Management science External links:
Management science (Book, 1990) [WorldCat.org]
Best Master’s Degrees in Management Science 2018
Management Science and Engineering
Organizational chart External links:
Organizational Chart | United States Department of Labor
What is an Organizational Chart | Lucidchart
40 Organizational Chart Templates (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Service-Oriented Modeling External links:
SERVICE-ORIENTED MODELING – AN ANALYTICAL …
Service-Oriented Modeling Framework™ (SOMF™) >>> …
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Microservices vs. Service-Oriented Architecture – NGINX
Service-Oriented Architecture Summary | Accenture
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Technology roadmaps External links:
2015 NASA Technology Roadmaps | NASA
Technology Roadmaps | Department of Energy
Zachman Framework External links:
About the Zachman Framework
The Zachman Framework: An Introduction | TDAN.com
The Zachman Framework – YouTube