What is involved in Presales
Find out what the related areas are that Presales connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Presales thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Presales journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Presales leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Presales related domains to cover and 126 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Presales, Account-based marketing, Behavioral targeting, Brand ambassador, Brand licensing, Brand management, Corporate anniversary, Corporate identity, Corporate propaganda, Digital marketing, Direct marketing, Display advertising, Drip marketing, Loyalty marketing, Market segmentation, Marketing activation, Marketing effectiveness, Marketing ethics, Marketing management, Marketing operations, Marketing research, Marketing strategy, Mobile advertising, Mobile marketing, Music on hold, Native advertising, New media, Online advertising, Out-of-home advertising, Personal selling, Point of sale, Product demonstration, Product marketing, Product placement, Promotional merchandise, Proof of concept, Sales promotion, Sex in advertising, Social marketing, Underwriting spot, Visual merchandising, Web banner, Willingness to pay, Word-of-mouth marketing:
Presales Critical Criteria:
Merge Presales management and assess what counts with Presales that we are not counting.
– Have you identified your Presales key performance indicators?
– Are we Assessing Presales and Risk?
– Are there Presales Models?
Account-based marketing Critical Criteria:
Explore Account-based marketing tactics and correct Account-based marketing management by competencies.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Presales process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Presales process available?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Presales?
– How can you measure Presales in a systematic way?
Behavioral targeting Critical Criteria:
Consult on Behavioral targeting issues and customize techniques for implementing Behavioral targeting controls.
– Will Presales have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Why should we adopt a Presales framework?
– How do we keep improving Presales?
Brand ambassador Critical Criteria:
Refer to Brand ambassador tactics and raise human resource and employment practices for Brand ambassador.
– Do the Presales decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– When a Presales manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Presales move?
Brand licensing Critical Criteria:
Drive Brand licensing results and proactively manage Brand licensing risks.
– For your Presales project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Brand management issues and prioritize challenges of Brand management.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Presales, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do we go about Comparing Presales approaches/solutions?
Corporate anniversary Critical Criteria:
Examine Corporate anniversary visions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Corporate anniversary.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Presales moving forward?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Presales been identified and analyzed?
– What is the purpose of Presales in relation to the mission?
Corporate identity Critical Criteria:
Study Corporate identity governance and define Corporate identity competency-based leadership.
– What are the disruptive Presales technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Who sets the Presales standards?
– What about Presales Analysis of results?
Corporate propaganda Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Corporate propaganda strategies and get out your magnifying glass.
– Which customers cant participate in our Presales domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Digital marketing Critical Criteria:
Study Digital marketing governance and document what potential Digital marketing megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Presales experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Among the Presales product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Consult on Direct marketing failures and report on setting up Direct marketing without losing ground.
– Does Presales include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Who will provide the final approval of Presales deliverables?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Display advertising projects and report on setting up Display advertising without losing ground.
– Does Presales analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are our Presales Processes?
Drip marketing Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Drip marketing governance and grade techniques for implementing Drip marketing controls.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Presales workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do we go about Securing Presales?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Shape Loyalty marketing tasks and slay a dragon.
– What are the key elements of your Presales performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Presales agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are current Presales Paradigms?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Market segmentation engagements and raise human resource and employment practices for Market segmentation.
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Presales products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How to Secure Presales?
Marketing activation Critical Criteria:
Consult on Marketing activation leadership and sort Marketing activation activities.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Presales effort?
– What vendors make products that address the Presales needs?
– Are assumptions made in Presales stated explicitly?
Marketing effectiveness Critical Criteria:
Gauge Marketing effectiveness visions and oversee Marketing effectiveness management by competencies.
– How can you negotiate Presales successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How will you know that the Presales project has been successful?
Marketing ethics Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Marketing ethics governance and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Marketing ethics.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Presales does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Presales strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Presales?
Marketing management Critical Criteria:
Depict Marketing management adoptions and find out what it really means.
– what is the best design framework for Presales organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Think of your Presales project. what are the main functions?
– How important is Presales to the user organizations mission?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Marketing operations projects and drive action.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Presales study?
– Does our organization need more Presales education?
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Marketing research leadership and point out improvements in Marketing research.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Presales processes?
– Does Presales systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
– What are the usability implications of Presales actions?
Marketing strategy Critical Criteria:
Define Marketing strategy failures and revise understanding of Marketing strategy architectures.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Presales strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep our products at the forefront?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep the product at the forefront?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Presales activities?
– What are the parts of a marketing strategy?
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Investigate Mobile advertising adoptions and oversee Mobile advertising management by competencies.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Presales project?
– What will drive Presales change?
– Are there recognized Presales problems?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Mobile marketing tactics and create Mobile marketing explanations for all managers.
– Is a Presales Team Work effort in place?
Music on hold Critical Criteria:
Drive Music on hold tasks and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Music on hold.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Presales services/products?
– What is Effective Presales?
Native advertising Critical Criteria:
Detail Native advertising tactics and get out your magnifying glass.
– Think about the people you identified for your Presales project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
New media Critical Criteria:
Probe New media engagements and intervene in New media processes and leadership.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Presales values?
– How likely is the current Presales plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Presales leaders?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Online advertising strategies and look in other fields.
– Consider your own Presales project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Is maximizing Presales protection the same as minimizing Presales loss?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Presales Management?
Out-of-home advertising Critical Criteria:
Rank Out-of-home advertising planning and create Out-of-home advertising explanations for all managers.
Personal selling Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Personal selling quality and create a map for yourself.
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
– What are the business goals Presales is aiming to achieve?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Talk about Point of sale outcomes and learn.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Presales strengthening and reform actually originate?
– In a project to restructure Presales outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Is the Presales organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Product demonstration Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Product demonstration goals and create Product demonstration explanations for all managers.
– What are the long-term Presales goals?
Product marketing Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Product marketing engagements and remodel and develop an effective Product marketing strategy.
– What are internal and external Presales relations?
– Do we all define Presales in the same way?
Product placement Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Product placement projects and test out new things.
– Think about the functions involved in your Presales project. what processes flow from these functions?
Promotional merchandise Critical Criteria:
Analyze Promotional merchandise planning and look in other fields.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Presales information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Presales with what users do day-to-day?
Proof of concept Critical Criteria:
Detail Proof of concept planning and remodel and develop an effective Proof of concept strategy.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Presales project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Presales project lifecycle?
– Will a proof of concept support and create awareness of the power of the AWS cloud within the organization?
– What is explored during the proof of concept phase for cloud adoption?
– Which applications can I immediately move after a proof of concept?
– What should a proof of concept or pilot accomplish?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Sales promotion governance and spearhead techniques for implementing Sales promotion.
– Do we monitor the Presales decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Sex in advertising Critical Criteria:
Model after Sex in advertising adoptions and get answers.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Presales processes?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Presales ?
Social marketing Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Social marketing engagements and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Social marketing is getting what it needs.
Underwriting spot Critical Criteria:
Study Underwriting spot failures and create a map for yourself.
– How do we Identify specific Presales investment and emerging trends?
Visual merchandising Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Visual merchandising strategies and research ways can we become the Visual merchandising company that would put us out of business.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Presales processes of our organization?
– What are all of our Presales domains and what do they do?
– Is Presales Required?
Web banner Critical Criteria:
Drive Web banner engagements and observe effective Web banner.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Presales models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Which Presales goals are the most important?
– What threat is Presales addressing?
Willingness to pay Critical Criteria:
Test Willingness to pay goals and raise human resource and employment practices for Willingness to pay.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Presales project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Presales is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Presales project?
– What willingness to pay may be expected in the marketplace?
Word-of-mouth marketing Critical Criteria:
Infer Word-of-mouth marketing issues and pioneer acquisition of Word-of-mouth marketing systems.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Presales?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Presales Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Presales External links:
Ticketmaster.com – FAQ | How do presales work?
Get Presales Help – Cisco
Memberships & Presales | Dragoncon
Account-based marketing External links:
Account-Based Marketing – Demandbase | ABM …
Account-Based Marketing – An Overview & Resources
Social for Account-Based Marketing – MarianaIQ
Behavioral targeting External links:
What Is Behavioral Targeting? – CBS News
What is Behavioral Targeting? – TubeMogul
4 Ways Behavioral Targeting Is Changing the Web – Mashable
Brand ambassador External links:
Why Brand Ambassadors Are Important – Entrepreneur
Careers Center – Brand Ambassador
CrewFire – Brand Ambassador Management Software
Brand licensing External links:
The 10 Most Common Brand Licensing Mistakes
Brand Licensing | Whirlpool Corporation
What are the best examples of brand licensing? – Quora
Brand management External links:
Our Brand Management Solution – MarketNow – …
Corporate anniversary External links:
30th Corporate Anniversary Event Ideas by Corporate …
20 Year Corporate Anniversary Gifts for Employees
Personalized Corporate Anniversary Gifts – Memorable …
Corporate identity External links:
Corporate identity. (Book, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
[PPT]Corporate Identity – Mark Tittley
Corporate Identity (Book, 1997) [WorldCat.org]
Corporate propaganda External links:
Media Mindlessly Parrots Corporate Propaganda After …
ERIC – Project Learning Tree (Corporate Propaganda …
Digital marketing External links:
Digital Summit Minneapolis – Digital Marketing Conference
Philadelphia – Digital Marketing Conference | August, 2018
What is Digital Marketing? | mobileStorm
Direct marketing External links:
Infinity Direct – Integrated Direct Marketing
Direct Marketing – Investopedia
Direct Mail Company | Direct Marketing Company
Display advertising External links:
Best Display Advertising Software in 2018 | G2 Crowd
About SteelHouse | Digital Marketing & Display Advertising
Google Display Ads & Display Advertising | Google AdWords
Drip marketing External links:
3 Principals For Successful Drip Marketing Campaigns
drip marketing – tenstreet.com
Drip Marketing | Kramer Direct
Loyalty marketing External links:
Customer Relationship & Loyalty Marketing | CCG
Welcome to Fiserv Card Loyalty Marketing
Clutch Loyalty Marketing | Solutions & Strategy
Market segmentation External links:
Examples of Market Segmentation | Chron.com
Market Segmentation – Investopedia
[PDF]Market Segmentation and Energy Efficiency …
Marketing activation External links:
Clash Of Clans – Experiential Marketing Activation by …
Marketing Activation Manager Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Marketing Activation Manager | IllinoisJobLink.com
Marketing effectiveness External links:
Marketing Analytics Consulting | Marketing Effectiveness
Marketing Effectiveness Measurement | Marketing Analytics
Marketing ethics External links:
Chapter 3 Marketing Ethics Flashcards | Quizlet
Understanding Marketing Ethics – CBS News
[PDF]Marketing Ethics – Cengage
Marketing management External links:
MC Marketing Management – Real-World Marketing for …
Marketing operations External links:
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
What is Marketing Operations? | Centric
Aprimo Marketing Operations Login
Marketing research External links:
Mars Research – Marketing Research Services
CMI Marketing Research
Participate in Paid Studies – AOC Marketing Research
Marketing strategy External links:
Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Marketing Strategy
The Modern Marketing Strategy Every Business Should …
Mobile advertising External links:
Location-based Mobile Advertising Solutions |Thinknear …
Propel Media | Video, Display and Mobile Advertising
Cable TV Advertising, Online and Mobile Advertising | Viamedia
Mobile marketing External links:
Real Estate Mobile Marketing – DriveBuy Technologies
Mobile Marketing Made EZ – EZ Texting
1Q | Instant Mobile Marketing / Market Research
Music on hold External links:
Music on Hold | Cox Communications
Music On Hold Messages | Professional Voicemail Greeting
Music On Hold – FREE download Music On Hold
Native advertising External links:
MGID: Native Advertising Marketplace
Ampush | Native Advertising Solution
Native Advertising – The Official Definition – Sharethrough
New media External links:
New Media (2010) – IMDb
What is new media? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Baptism Title | Centerline New Media | WorshipHouse Media
Personal selling External links:
Unit 12: Public Relations, Sales Promotion, & Personal Selling
Personal Selling – Encyclopedia – Business Terms | Inc.com
Personal selling chapter 5 Flashcards | Quizlet
Point of sale External links:
Toast | Restaurant Point of Sale & Management System
GoAntiquing! Point of Sale
POS System – Point of Sale for iPad and iPhone | SalesVu
Product demonstration External links:
AliMed Product Demonstration Videos
Product Demonstration Videos | Kolbe Windows & Doors
TickerTech.com – Product Demonstration Site
Product marketing External links:
[PDF]California Milk and Dairy Product Marketing Provisions
Product Marketing tips and strategies from Launch Grow Joy
Product placement External links:
Product Placement Blog
Product placement | Futurepedia | FANDOM powered by …
For Product Placement Marketing, It’s All About the Moolah
Promotional merchandise External links:
Promotional Merchandise | Socks | Headbands | Wristbands
Proof of concept External links:
What is a Proof of Concept (POC)? – Definition from …
KBB Proof Of Concept reviews – Progarchives.com
Proof of Concept Agreement | Pentaho
Sales promotion External links:
Sales Promotion Flashcards | Quizlet
Unit 12: Public Relations, Sales Promotion, & Personal …
Sales Promotion – Marketing Teacher
Sex in advertising External links:
Does sex in advertising actually work? – Brooks Bell
Sex in Advertising – Children – Coursepaper.com
Sex in Advertising | AdAge Encyclopedia of Advertising – …
Social marketing External links:
ToneDen – Automated Social Marketing
Diversity & Inclusion | Public Policy | Social Marketing
USF Social Marketing Conference – Official Site
Underwriting spot External links:
Underwriting spot – Revolvy
Underwriting spot – WOW.com
Underwriting spot – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
Visual merchandising External links:
Visual Merchandising & Display Flashcards | Quizlet
Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Samples | …
Store Fixtures | Retail Displays for Visual Merchandising
Web banner External links:
Picnic Web Banner | Website Banners – ShareFaith
Logo and web banner | womenshealth.gov
iKomee – Banner Maker | Free Online Web Banner Design
Willingness to pay External links:
Consumers’ willingness to pay depends on what income …
Word-of-mouth marketing External links:
Word-of-Mouth Marketing Is NOT Marketing
5 Ways to Maximize Word-of-Mouth Marketing – Entrepreneur