What is involved in Cloud Architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Cloud Architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Cloud Architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Cloud Architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Cloud Architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Cloud Architecture related domains to cover and 170 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Cloud Architecture, Instruction-level parallelism, Parallel slowdown, Big data, Service-oriented Architecture, Software systems, Enterprise resource planning, Implicit parallelism, IBM cloud computing, Application programming interface, Parallel computing, Systems architecture, Memory coherence, Loop-level parallelism, National Diet Library, Social networking service, Google Now, Ziff Davis, Cloud engineering, Linux kernel, Service bureau, Operating system–level virtualization, Bare-metal server, Simultaneous multithreading, Oracle Corporation, Speculative multithreading, Task parallelism, Risk analysis, Ateji PX, Cost efficiency, Vector processor, Cloud management, VMware vCloud Air, Economies of scale, Distributed shared memory, Bit-level parallelism, Block storage, Systolic array, Embarrassingly parallel, Systems engineering, Apache Hadoop, Push technology, Security engineering, Smarter Computing, System resource:
Cloud Architecture Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Cloud Architecture results and summarize a clear Cloud Architecture focus.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Cloud Architecture processes?
– How do you ensure that security policies are accurately and fully implemented across the cloud architectures you are using and buying into?
– Are you able to map the current architecture of the candidate application to cloud architecture?
– Are you buying into a cloud architecture/infrastructure/ service which is not compliant?
– Is the scope of Cloud Architecture defined?
Instruction-level parallelism Critical Criteria:
Discourse Instruction-level parallelism goals and budget for Instruction-level parallelism challenges.
– Among the Cloud Architecture product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Cloud Architecture delivery for example is new software needed?
Parallel slowdown Critical Criteria:
Drive Parallel slowdown projects and innovate what needs to be done with Parallel slowdown.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Cloud Architecture is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Why are Cloud Architecture skills important?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Big data tasks and gather practices for scaling Big data.
– While a move from Oracles MySQL may be necessary because of its inability to handle key big data use cases, why should that move involve a switch to Apache Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise?
– New roles. Executives interested in leading a big data transition can start with two simple techniques. First, they can get in the habit of asking What do the data say?
– Does your organization have the right tools to handle unstructured data expressed in (a) natural language(s)?
– Which core Oracle Business Intelligence or Big Data Analytics products are used in your solution?
– Do you see areas in your domain or across domains where vendor lock-in is a potential risk?
– Is senior management in your organization involved in big data-related projects?
– Does your organization have the right analytical tools to handle (big) data?
– Which other Oracle Business Intelligence products are used in your solution?
– Are there any best practices or standards for the use of Big Data solutions?
– Can analyses improve with more detailed analytics that we use?
– Even when we have a lot of data, do we understand it?
– How do we measure the efficiency of these algorithms?
– How to model context in a computational environment?
– How do we measure value of an analytic?
– Where Is This Big Data Coming From ?
– So how are managers using big data?
– What are some impacts of Big Data?
– What is Big Data to us?
– How much data so far?
Service-oriented Architecture Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Service-oriented Architecture visions and acquire concise Service-oriented Architecture education.
– What are our Cloud Architecture Processes?
– How to Secure Cloud Architecture?
Software systems Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Software systems projects and finalize the present value of growth of Software systems.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Cloud Architecture? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Cloud Architecture?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Enterprise resource planning tasks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Enterprise resource planning because they lack skills.
– How likely is the current Cloud Architecture plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Cloud Architecture move?
– Have all basic functions of Cloud Architecture been defined?
Implicit parallelism Critical Criteria:
Investigate Implicit parallelism tactics and finalize specific methods for Implicit parallelism acceptance.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Cloud Architecture objectives?
– Does our organization need more Cloud Architecture education?
IBM cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct IBM cloud computing leadership and define what our big hairy audacious IBM cloud computing goal is.
– Have you identified your Cloud Architecture key performance indicators?
– How do we go about Comparing Cloud Architecture approaches/solutions?
– How can skill-level changes improve Cloud Architecture?
Application programming interface Critical Criteria:
Rank Application programming interface issues and prioritize challenges of Application programming interface.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Cloud Architecture product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Cloud Architecture project manager?
Parallel computing Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Parallel computing governance and finalize specific methods for Parallel computing acceptance.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Cloud Architecture. How do we gain traction?
– In a project to restructure Cloud Architecture outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Systems architecture Critical Criteria:
Study Systems architecture results and explain and analyze the challenges of Systems architecture.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Cloud Architecture forward?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Cloud Architecture been identified and analyzed?
– How will you measure your Cloud Architecture effectiveness?
Memory coherence Critical Criteria:
Analyze Memory coherence management and drive action.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Cloud Architecture in a volatile global economy?
– How can you negotiate Cloud Architecture successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is maximizing Cloud Architecture protection the same as minimizing Cloud Architecture loss?
Loop-level parallelism Critical Criteria:
Depict Loop-level parallelism results and test out new things.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Cloud Architecture?
– What business benefits will Cloud Architecture goals deliver if achieved?
National Diet Library Critical Criteria:
Focus on National Diet Library engagements and drive action.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Cloud Architecture? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Cloud Architecture activities?
– How important is Cloud Architecture to the user organizations mission?
Social networking service Critical Criteria:
Consult on Social networking service governance and define Social networking service competency-based leadership.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Cloud Architecture does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the business goals Cloud Architecture is aiming to achieve?
Google Now Critical Criteria:
Devise Google Now goals and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Google Now projects.
– How do we Improve Cloud Architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we keep improving Cloud Architecture?
Ziff Davis Critical Criteria:
Refer to Ziff Davis outcomes and innovate what needs to be done with Ziff Davis.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Cloud Architecture strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Do Cloud Architecture rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Who sets the Cloud Architecture standards?
Cloud engineering Critical Criteria:
Graph Cloud engineering planning and ask what if.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Cloud Architecture processes?
– Is there a Cloud Architecture Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Linux kernel Critical Criteria:
Canvass Linux kernel strategies and get answers.
– Are there recognized Cloud Architecture problems?
Service bureau Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Service bureau projects and catalog Service bureau activities.
– Is Cloud Architecture Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Operating system–level virtualization Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Operating system–level virtualization outcomes and pay attention to the small things.
– Will Cloud Architecture have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Cloud Architecture project?
Bare-metal server Critical Criteria:
Generalize Bare-metal server planning and question.
– In the case of a Cloud Architecture project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Cloud Architecture project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Cloud Architecture project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What is our formula for success in Cloud Architecture ?
Simultaneous multithreading Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Simultaneous multithreading projects and proactively manage Simultaneous multithreading risks.
– Does Cloud Architecture create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Cloud Architecture project?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Discourse Oracle Corporation results and know what your objective is.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Cloud Architecture models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Cloud Architecture activities?
Speculative multithreading Critical Criteria:
Consider Speculative multithreading governance and revise understanding of Speculative multithreading architectures.
– Which customers cant participate in our Cloud Architecture domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are the long-term Cloud Architecture goals?
– Are there Cloud Architecture problems defined?
Task parallelism Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Task parallelism tactics and probe the present value of growth of Task parallelism.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Cloud Architecture that make it risky?
– Is Supporting Cloud Architecture documentation required?
Risk analysis Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Risk analysis goals and pay attention to the small things.
– How do risk analysis and Risk Management inform your organizations decisionmaking processes for long-range system planning, major project description and cost estimation, priority programming, and project development?
– What levels of assurance are needed and how can the risk analysis benefit setting standards and policy functions?
– In which two Service Management processes would you be most likely to use a risk analysis and management method?
– How does the business impact analysis use data from Risk Management and risk analysis?
– How do we do risk analysis of rare, cascading, catastrophic events?
– With risk analysis do we answer the question how big is the risk?
– How do we go about Securing Cloud Architecture?
Ateji PX Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Ateji PX decisions and gather practices for scaling Ateji PX.
Cost efficiency Critical Criteria:
Discourse Cost efficiency issues and display thorough understanding of the Cost efficiency process.
– What are the short and long-term Cloud Architecture goals?
– Why should we adopt a Cloud Architecture framework?
– How do we maintain Cloud Architectures Integrity?
Vector processor Critical Criteria:
Recall Vector processor strategies and optimize Vector processor leadership as a key to advancement.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Cloud Architecture leaders?
Cloud management Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Cloud management management and develop and take control of the Cloud management initiative.
– How can you verify that the virtualization platform or cloud management software running on the systems you use, which you did not install and do not control, does not contain malware?
– Cloud management for Cloud Architecture do we really need one?
VMware vCloud Air Critical Criteria:
Investigate VMware vCloud Air management and budget for VMware vCloud Air challenges.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Cloud Architecture project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Is Cloud Architecture Required?
Economies of scale Critical Criteria:
See the value of Economies of scale projects and create Economies of scale explanations for all managers.
– Think about the people you identified for your Cloud Architecture project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Can we do Cloud Architecture without complex (expensive) analysis?
Distributed shared memory Critical Criteria:
Consider Distributed shared memory engagements and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Distributed shared memory decisions.
– Think of your Cloud Architecture project. what are the main functions?
– How would one define Cloud Architecture leadership?
Bit-level parallelism Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Bit-level parallelism tactics and intervene in Bit-level parallelism processes and leadership.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Cloud Architecture is underway?
– Does Cloud Architecture analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How can you measure Cloud Architecture in a systematic way?
Block storage Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Block storage governance and forecast involvement of future Block storage projects in development.
– Does Cloud Architecture analysis show the relationships among important Cloud Architecture factors?
– What is our Cloud Architecture Strategy?
Systolic array Critical Criteria:
Chart Systolic array projects and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Systolic array.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Cloud Architecture into the services that we provide?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Cloud Architecture objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Embarrassingly parallel Critical Criteria:
Track Embarrassingly parallel engagements and report on setting up Embarrassingly parallel without losing ground.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Cloud Architecture leader?
– Will Cloud Architecture deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Cloud Architecture Management?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Graph Systems engineering planning and describe which business rules are needed as Systems engineering interface.
– The approach of traditional Cloud Architecture works for detail complexity but is focused on a systematic approach rather than an understanding of the nature of systems themselves. what approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– What is the plan to align prime contractors systems engineering management plan (semp) with the Program Management office (pmo) sep?
– What approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– How will we know when our design effort has produced a solution which will satisfy the objectives within the constraints?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– What is the detailed set of functions and properties of a given interface?
– Once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– Does management understand principles and concepts of system engineering?
– What kind of support for requirements management will be needed?
– What is the problem or opportunity addressed by the system?
– What are the flows between parts of the system?
– What are the interfaces for a given part?
– How will we know when we are done?
– Is the schedule too aggressive?
– Why use systems engineering?
– What are our objectives?
– How confident are we?
– Right business case?
– What is a system?
Apache Hadoop Critical Criteria:
Consider Apache Hadoop planning and optimize Apache Hadoop leadership as a key to advancement.
– To what extent does management recognize Cloud Architecture as a tool to increase the results?
– Who will provide the final approval of Cloud Architecture deliverables?
– Are there Cloud Architecture Models?
Push technology Critical Criteria:
Coach on Push technology planning and define Push technology competency-based leadership.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Cloud Architecture process?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Cloud Architecture with what users do day-to-day?
– Are assumptions made in Cloud Architecture stated explicitly?
Security engineering Critical Criteria:
Systematize Security engineering strategies and spearhead techniques for implementing Security engineering.
Smarter Computing Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Smarter Computing outcomes and explain and analyze the challenges of Smarter Computing.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Cloud Architecture strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
System resource Critical Criteria:
Coach on System resource tasks and know what your objective is.
– Are we Assessing Cloud Architecture and Risk?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Cloud Architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Cloud Architecture External links:
Cloud Architecture | Qwiklabs + google-run
Migrating Mailboxes to Office 365 | Cloud Architecture
Cloud Architecture Solutions | EagleDream Technologies
Instruction-level parallelism External links:
What is Instruction-Level Parallelism? Webopedia …
[PDF]Instruction-Level Parallelism and Its Exploitation …
The Journal of Instruction-Level Parallelism
Big data External links:
Take 5 Media Group – Build an audience using big data
Event Hubs – Cloud big data solutions | Microsoft Azure
Service-oriented Architecture External links:
Microservices vs. Service-Oriented Architecture – NGINX
Service-Oriented Architecture | Coursera
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Software systems External links:
Computing & Software Systems (CSS) – UW Bothell
Electrical Estimating Software – ConEst Software Systems
Insurance Agency Management Software Systems – …
Enterprise resource planning External links:
What is ERP (Enterprise resource planning)? – NetSuite.com
Enterprise Resource Planning Broward County Public Schools
Enterprise Resource Planning – ERP
Implicit parallelism External links:
Implicit Parallelism: – Computer Science
What is Implicit Parallelism | IGI Global
2 04 Imprving Implicit Parallelism – YouTube
IBM cloud computing External links:
F5 and IBM Cloud Computing Reference Architecture: …
Application programming interface External links:
What is the TPAM Application Programming Interface …
Parallel computing External links:
[PDF]Parallel Computing and OpenMP Tutorial – UCLA
Features – Parallel Computing Toolbox – MATLAB
Systems architecture External links:
Systems Architecture Ch 11/13 Flashcards | Quizlet
The US Navy — Fact File: Open Systems Architecture (OSA)
Memory coherence External links:
What is memory coherence? – Definition from WhatIs.com
[PDF]Memory Coherence in Shared Virtual Memory Systems
MEMORY COHERENCE PROBLEM PART-1 – YouTube
Loop-level parallelism External links:
What is loop-level parallelism? – insideHPC
22. Support for Loop-level Parallelism
[PDF]Using Loop-Level Parallelism to Parallelize …
National Diet Library External links:
Free Data Service | National Diet Library
ndl.go.jp – 国立国会図書館―National Diet Library
Floor Plan | National Diet Library
Social networking service External links:
Creating Social Networking Service Packages – YouTube
Google Now External links:
Dec 07, 2017 · Upgrade the launcher on your Android device for a fast, clean home screen that puts Google Now just a swipe away. …
Ziff Davis External links:
99 Ziff Davis reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
Ziff Davis – Official Site
Ziff Davis – Home | Facebook
Cloud engineering External links:
Cloud Engineering Team – Cloud Equipment
Multi-Cloud Engineering (Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel) | Meetup
Linux kernel External links:
How to Compile the Linux Kernel: 15 Steps (with Pictures)
KernelBuild – Linux Kernel Newbies
Service bureau External links:
[PDF]FHA Connection Guide Service Bureau …
Payroll Service Bureau – Virginia
Quick Start Guide: Service Bureau Administration
Simultaneous multithreading External links:
What is simultaneous multithreading? Webopedia …
[PDF]Simultaneous Multithreading: Maximizing On-Chip …
[PDF]Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT)
Oracle Corporation External links:
ORCL Key Statistics | Oracle Corporation Stock – Yahoo
Oracle Corporation (ORCL) Pre-Market Trading – NASDAQ.com
Oracle Corporation – ORCL – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Speculative multithreading External links:
[PDF]Supporting Speculative Multithreading on …
A thread partitioning approach for speculative multithreading
Task parallelism External links:
Task parallelism and high-performance languages …
Task parallelism Facts for Kids | KidzSearch.com
Risk analysis External links:
MyRisk®: Secure Risk Assessment and Risk Analysis …
Project Management and Risk Analysis Software | Safran
Risk Analysis | Investopedia
Ateji PX External links:
Ateji PX – Quora
Vector processor External links:
What is a Vector Processor? – Definition from Techopedia
[PDF]A RISC-V Vector Processor With Simultaneous …
Cloud management External links:
Cloud Management Platforms – Gartner IT Glossary
Cloud Management & Optimization | CloudHealth …
Cloud Management | ITOM Orchestration | ServiceNow
VMware vCloud Air External links:
An Introduction to VMware vCloud Air – YouTube
VMware vCloud Air
VMware vCloud Air – User Management
Economies of scale External links:
Economies of scale and scope | The Economist
What Are Economies Of Scale? – investopedia.com
[PDF]Community Bank Efficiency and Economies of Scale
Distributed shared memory External links:
[PDF]The Design of MPI Based Distributed Shared Memory …
[PDF]Chapter 12: Distributed Shared Memory
Lecture 13 – Distributed Shared Memory – YouTube
Bit-level parallelism External links:
Bit-level parallelism – WOW.com
Bit-level parallelism for Kids – Kiddle
Bit-level parallelism Top # 8 Facts – YouTube
Block storage External links:
Software Defined Block Storage – ScaleIO | Dell EMC US
Cinder Block Storage – Cinder – OpenStack
Storage on DigitalOcean – Highly available Block Storage
Systolic array External links:
[PDF]8 Data Flow and Systolic Array Architectures
Systolic Array for Neural Network #1 – YouTube
systolic array – YouTube
Embarrassingly parallel External links:
[PDF]Algorithms PART I: Embarrassingly Parallel
Embarrassingly parallel for loops — joblib 0.11 …
Systems engineering External links:
DoD Systems Engineering – Guidance & Tools
What is Systems Engineering
Industrial & Systems Engineering | College of Engineering
Apache Hadoop External links:
Hortonworks Apache Hadoop and Big Data Certifications
Apache Hadoop training from Cloudera University
Apache Hadoop open source ecosystem | Cloudera
Push technology External links:
Delivering Realtime App Experiences | Push Technology
Push technology for dummies (Book, 1997) [WorldCat.org]
Direct Push Technology | Geoprobe Systems®
Security engineering External links:
Master of Science Cyber Security Engineering – USC Online
Blockchain Protocol Analysis and Security Engineering …
Smarter Computing External links:
Keystone Bank Adopts IBM Smarter Computing Solution …
Smarter Computing: What’s Next. Ready Now. – YouTube
IBM Smarter Computing – Australia
System resource External links:
MDOT – Management System Resource Center
National Incident-Based Reporting System Resource …