What is involved in Crystal Reports
Find out what the related areas are that Crystal Reports connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Crystal Reports thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Crystal Reports journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Crystal Reports leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Crystal Reports related domains to cover and 122 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Crystal Reports, Adaptive Server Enterprise, Application programming interface, Business Objects, Business intelligence, For Dummies, Geographic information system, Holistic Systems, IBM DB2, List & Label, Lotus Notes, McGraw-Hill Osborne Media, McGraw-Hill Professional, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Novell GroupWise, OLE DB, Operating system, Oracle Database, Original Equipment Manufacturer, Reporting software, SAP ERP, SAP SE, SQL Server Reporting Services, Seagate Software, Seagate Technology, Software categories, Software developer, Software license, Text file, Visual Studio:
Crystal Reports Critical Criteria:
Probe Crystal Reports risks and get going.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Crystal Reports process?
– How will you know that the Crystal Reports project has been successful?
– Is the scope of Crystal Reports defined?
Adaptive Server Enterprise Critical Criteria:
Review Adaptive Server Enterprise goals and maintain Adaptive Server Enterprise for success.
– When a Crystal Reports manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How do we manage Crystal Reports Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Do we have past Crystal Reports Successes?
Application programming interface Critical Criteria:
Steer Application programming interface results and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Application programming interface is getting what it needs.
– Do Crystal Reports rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Will Crystal Reports deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How do we Improve Crystal Reports service perception, and satisfaction?
Business Objects Critical Criteria:
Study Business Objects risks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Business Objects.
– How does Tableau stack up against the traditional BI software like Microstrategy or Business Objects?
– In what ways are Crystal Reports vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Are there Crystal Reports problems defined?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Investigate Business intelligence strategies and question.
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– Does your BI solution create a strong partnership with IT to ensure that data, whether from extracts or live connections, is 100-percent accurate?
– Can your software connect to all forms of data, from text and Excel files to cloud and enterprise-grade databases, with a few clicks?
– Which OpenSource ETL tool is easier to use more agile Pentaho Kettle Jitterbit Talend Clover Jasper Rhino?
– How should a complicated business setup their business intelligence and analysis to make decisions best?
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
– Why does animosity endure between IT and business when it comes to business intelligence?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– what is the difference between Data analytics and Business Analytics If Any?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for technical administrators?
– What are the trends shaping the future of business analytics?
– What are the most efficient ways to create the models?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Does your software integrate with active directory?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– What is the future of BI Score cards KPI etc?
– What is your licensing model and prices?
– What is your expect product life cycle?
For Dummies Critical Criteria:
Gauge For Dummies outcomes and research ways can we become the For Dummies company that would put us out of business.
– Does Crystal Reports include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Crystal Reports ?
– What are current Crystal Reports Paradigms?
Geographic information system Critical Criteria:
Systematize Geographic information system governance and ask questions.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Crystal Reports study?
– How can the value of Crystal Reports be defined?
Holistic Systems Critical Criteria:
Look at Holistic Systems quality and triple focus on important concepts of Holistic Systems relationship management.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Crystal Reports? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Are there recognized Crystal Reports problems?
IBM DB2 Critical Criteria:
Design IBM DB2 tasks and handle a jump-start course to IBM DB2.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Crystal Reports information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Does Crystal Reports create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Is maximizing Crystal Reports protection the same as minimizing Crystal Reports loss?
List & Label Critical Criteria:
Discourse List & Label engagements and get the big picture.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Crystal Reports. How do we gain traction?
– Does Crystal Reports analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Think of your Crystal Reports project. what are the main functions?
Lotus Notes Critical Criteria:
Read up on Lotus Notes engagements and assess and formulate effective operational and Lotus Notes strategies.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Crystal Reports process?
– How do we go about Securing Crystal Reports?
– How do we Lead with Crystal Reports in Mind?
McGraw-Hill Osborne Media Critical Criteria:
Prioritize McGraw-Hill Osborne Media issues and prioritize challenges of McGraw-Hill Osborne Media.
– Is Supporting Crystal Reports documentation required?
– How do we keep improving Crystal Reports?
McGraw-Hill Professional Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about McGraw-Hill Professional results and handle a jump-start course to McGraw-Hill Professional.
– Does the Crystal Reports task fit the clients priorities?
– What are the usability implications of Crystal Reports actions?
– Does Crystal Reports appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Microsoft Access Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Microsoft Access management and correct Microsoft Access management by competencies.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Crystal Reports goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Microsoft Excel Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Microsoft Excel visions and find the essential reading for Microsoft Excel researchers.
– How do we know that any Crystal Reports analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Microsoft Exchange Server Critical Criteria:
Investigate Microsoft Exchange Server visions and do something to it.
– Are accountability and ownership for Crystal Reports clearly defined?
– What are the long-term Crystal Reports goals?
Microsoft SQL Server Critical Criteria:
Confer re Microsoft SQL Server visions and finalize the present value of growth of Microsoft SQL Server.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Crystal Reports is underway?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Crystal Reports project?
– Can Microsoft SQL Server Express be contacted?
– How can we improve Crystal Reports?
Microsoft Visual Studio Critical Criteria:
Drive Microsoft Visual Studio governance and point out Microsoft Visual Studio tensions in leadership.
– what is the best design framework for Crystal Reports organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How can you measure Crystal Reports in a systematic way?
– Why is Crystal Reports important for you now?
Novell GroupWise Critical Criteria:
Boost Novell GroupWise strategies and improve Novell GroupWise service perception.
– How do we maintain Crystal Reportss Integrity?
OLE DB Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate OLE DB governance and summarize a clear OLE DB focus.
– Among the Crystal Reports product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Do we monitor the Crystal Reports decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Scan Operating system governance and give examples utilizing a core of simple Operating system skills.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Crystal Reports strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– Have all basic functions of Crystal Reports been defined?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
– How would one define Crystal Reports leadership?
Oracle Database Critical Criteria:
Investigate Oracle Database visions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Oracle Database.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Crystal Reports? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Have you identified your Crystal Reports key performance indicators?
– How is the value delivered by Crystal Reports being measured?
Original Equipment Manufacturer Critical Criteria:
Design Original Equipment Manufacturer visions and customize techniques for implementing Original Equipment Manufacturer controls.
– Can we add value to the current Crystal Reports decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What vendors make products that address the Crystal Reports needs?
– What is the purpose of Crystal Reports in relation to the mission?
Reporting software Critical Criteria:
Mine Reporting software results and do something to it.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Crystal Reports?
SAP ERP Critical Criteria:
Consult on SAP ERP results and plan concise SAP ERP education.
– Does Crystal Reports analysis show the relationships among important Crystal Reports factors?
– What are our needs in relation to Crystal Reports skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Crystal Reports that make it risky?
– R/3 Enterprise or MySAP ERP ?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Boost SAP SE outcomes and secure SAP SE creativity.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Crystal Reports forward?
SQL Server Reporting Services Critical Criteria:
Guard SQL Server Reporting Services risks and create SQL Server Reporting Services explanations for all managers.
Seagate Software Critical Criteria:
Face Seagate Software risks and drive action.
– Is the Crystal Reports organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How do we go about Comparing Crystal Reports approaches/solutions?
– What are the short and long-term Crystal Reports goals?
Seagate Technology Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Seagate Technology issues and point out improvements in Seagate Technology.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Crystal Reports strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How will you measure your Crystal Reports effectiveness?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Software categories strategies and probe Software categories strategic alliances.
– How important is Crystal Reports to the user organizations mission?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Software developer tasks and get going.
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– How can skill-level changes improve Crystal Reports?
Software license Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Software license visions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Software license skills.
– What implementation technologies/resources (e.g., programming languages, development platforms, software licenses) does the provider support?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Crystal Reports activities?
– Is our software usage in compliance with software license agreements?
Text file Critical Criteria:
Participate in Text file governance and acquire concise Text file education.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Crystal Reports is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Crystal Reports processes of our organization?
Visual Studio Critical Criteria:
Scan Visual Studio leadership and observe effective Visual Studio.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Crystal Reports agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Crystal Reports with what users do day-to-day?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Crystal Reports Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Crystal Reports External links:
SAP Crystal Reports Viewer | Crystal Solutions
SAP Crystal Reports Viewer | Crystal Solutions
Topic: Changing the Report Title – Crystal Reports
Adaptive Server Enterprise External links:
Adaptive Server Enterprise Developer Edition
[PDF]Release Bulletin Adaptive Server Enterprise Version …
Application programming interface External links:
What is the TPAM Application Programming Interface …
Business Objects External links:
[PDF]Business Objects Report Writing Guide – CMS Net
[PDF]INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS OBJECTS – Mass.Gov
Introduction to SAP Business Objects (BO / BOBJ) – YouTube
Business intelligence External links:
Business Intelligence | Microsoft
Business Intelligence Tools & Software | Square
Business Intelligence Software – ERP & Project …
For Dummies External links:
Real Estate for Dummies! | Wallingford Realty Inc
Bible for Dummies – AbeBooks
All Titles – For Dummies
Geographic information system External links:
GIS – Geographic Information System – Rockingham County …
Geographic Information System – Polk County, North …
Fulton County Geographic Information System
Holistic Systems External links:
Diagnosing the Emergent Movement | A holistic systems …
Holistic Systems, Mary Meyer – Wellness Advocate – …
Synonymous with holistic systems engineering – Krones, …
IBM DB2 External links:
Toad for IBM DB2 LUW – Quest
IBM Db2 – Database software – IBM Analytics
2 Creating and Configuring an IBM DB2 Database – Oracle
Lotus Notes External links:
Migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange and Office 365
Lotus Notes NSF Viewer – FreeViewer
How to Configure the Lotus Notes Client
McGraw-Hill Osborne Media External links:
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media | Open Library
McGraw-Hill Professional External links:
20% Off McGraw-Hill Professional Promo Codes & …
Microsoft Access External links:
How to create a running totals query in Microsoft Access
Microsoft Access Combo Boxes Top Five Tips and …
Database Software and Applications | Microsoft Access
Microsoft Excel External links:
Microsoft Excel 2016, Spreadsheet Software, Excel Free Trial
How to Create a Calendar in Microsoft Excel (with Pictures)
How to automate Microsoft Excel from Microsoft Visual …
Microsoft Exchange Server External links:
Microsoft Exchange Server 2019 – Practical 365
Microsoft SQL Server External links:
Download Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services …
Microsoft Visual Studio External links:
Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 – Download
Novell GroupWise External links:
How to Install and Configure Connector for Novell GroupWise
OLE DB External links:
oledb – what is the difference between OLE DB and …
OLE DB Provider for Jet – technet.microsoft.com
Download Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Visual FoxPro …
Operating system External links:
Find Out Which Operating System Is on My Computer …
KAR Management Operating System (MOS) – Login
nCino Bank Operating System
Oracle Database External links:
FREE download Oracle Database Tables – WinSite
How to Install Oracle Database 12c on RHEL/CentOS 7
Oracle Database New Features Guide, 12c Release 1 (12.1)
Original Equipment Manufacturer External links:
What is Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)? Webopedia
Original Equipment Manufacturer – OEM – Investopedia
OEM Car Parts | Original Equipment Manufacturer | …
Reporting software External links:
Philips – DirectView Reporting software
DATABASICS – Automated Timesheet & Expense Reporting Software
RepAgencyWorks Court Reporting Software
SAP ERP External links:
[PDF]REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR SAP ERP …
SAP Tutorial for beginners Part 1 – SAP ERP – YouTube
SAP SE External links:
SAP: SAP SE – Stock Quote and News – CNBC
SAP:Xetra Stock Quote – SAP SE – Bloomberg Markets
SAP – Stock quote for SAP SE – MSN Money
Seagate Software External links:
Seagate Software for Windows – Download.com
Seagate Technology External links:
STX Stock Quote – Seagate Technology PLC Ordinary …
Seagate Technology – Download Finder
Seagate Technology Inc. Layoffs – TheLayoff.com
Software categories External links:
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Browse All Software Categories – FinancesOnline.com
Software developer External links:
Software Developer – Career Rankings, Salary, Reviews …
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]Job Description for Software Developer. Title: …
Software license External links:
QuickBooks Terms of Service & Software License …
Legal – Software License Agreements – Apple
Autodesk Software License Review Portal :: Welcome
Text file External links:
Read data from text file – MATLAB fscanf – MathWorks
How to create a text file list of the contents of a folder
Reading/writing text file while excluding header – …
Visual Studio External links:
Las Vegas 2018 — Visual Studio Live!
Visual Studio Code – Official Site
Microsoft Visual Studio – Official Site